2nd Annual Lo Cash Racing Navigational Nationals-Winter Jam

Check out www.vwshows.com for a comprehensive list of all VW shows.
Lo Cash John

2nd Annual Lo Cash Racing Navigational Nationals-Winter Jam

Post by Lo Cash John »

Announcing the Second Annual Lo Cash Racing Navigational Nationals at Daytona Winter Jam 2010.

We just started laying out the course and creating the questions along the route for this year. It’s going to be a little harder than last year but I’m sure everyone will have a great time!

For those coming to Winter Jam Weekend in Daytona, Feb 18-21, 2010 Lo Cash Racing has again put together a navigation rally in the theme of the Berg Rally held every year at The VW Classic.

This year the Lo'Cash Navigtional Nationals will start off from the Daytona Ocean Center located across the street the band shell and Transporter Treffen on the beach. The first car to leave will be at 2:00 pm and the last car out will be at 4:30 pm. We must stick to the last car out time due to sunset so if you're going to participate in the rally don't wait till the end, you'll need the day light. Also, each car MUST have at least 2 persons as a team.

The rally will take you through various Daytona streets and neighborhoods end at DubJam H2O, also at the Daytona Ocean Center.

Teams will scored on questions answered along the route, bonus points earned and time to cover the route. First prize is a GPS navigation unit and plaques will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams.

There will also be a prize raffle held outside of the DubJam H2O event with merchandise provided by our sponsors:

CB Performance
Kustom Coach Works
Hilltop Motors
Hagerty Classic Car Insurance
Bug Me Video
Air Kooled Kustoms
DRD Racing Heads
Creative Car Craft
Jensen Beach Bugs
And many more…

MC'ing will again be handled by the one and only Dyno Don Chamberlin!!

Each team that pre-registers will receive 2 free rally posters penned by George Trosley ( VW Trends, CARtoons ) and 1 event dash plaque and one extra surprise.

For info and to register now visit:
http://www.daytonawinterjam.com/navigation-nationals

It will be possible to register during Winter Jam weekend, but we would prefer if you pre-register. Teams that do not pre-register will not receive the free dash plaque.

One other plus to being in the Rally is FREE PARKING for DubJam. The rear parking lot at the Ocean Center is going to be reserved for non judged water cooled VWs to show, meaning the only parking for spectators and air cooled VW’s will be the city parking garage ($$) or back at your hotel. Any vehicle sporting one of our Nav Rally stickers will get to park in our reserved parking are for FREE (while spaces last).

Thank you to everyone who participated in last years event and made it worth while. We look forward to twisting your brains up again this year!

Lo Cash John
Lo Cash John

Re: 2nd Annual Lo Cash Racing Navigational Nationals-Winter Jam

Post by Lo Cash John »

The days are getting fewer and the sponsor list is getting longer!!

We've recently added the following to our growing list:

Hot VW's magazine
Motor Sports Tulsa
VW Paradise
Speed Park Daytona

They will be joining the ranks of:

CB Performance
Lakeland VW Classic
Kustom Coach Works
Hilltop Motors
Hagerty Classic Car Insurance
Bug Me Video
Air Kooled Kustoms
DRD Racing Heads
Creative Car Craft
Jensen Beach Bugs
Triangle Auto Parts
Bug Pack/Dee Engineering
AJ Sims/LowBugget.Com

Just a reminder to everyone; All day Saturday the 20th we will be selling raffle ticekts for our HUGE prize raffle happening that evening at the end of the rally. A small sample of the prizes are:

4 VIP passes for Speed Park Daytona valued at $100 each
1 complete set of MST billet engine accessories valued at more than $400
3 $50 Bug Pack gift certificates good at any Bug Pack retailer
LOADS AND LOADS of engine and accessory goodies from CB Performance
Instructional videos from Bug Me Video
Tee shirts from damn near everybody
Hats, jackets, and things I can't even remember!

As mentioned previously, all nav rally participants will get free parking that evening at the DubJam event (Daytona Ocean Center) while spaces last. Last I checked, being in the rally is gonna cost about the same as paying for the city parking garage. To sweeten the deal even more, we're giving out goody bags this year with stickers, posters, coupons and the ever generous crew at Speed Park Daytona is including a FREE 1 hour wrist band in every bag!! If you don't win the rally you can always go try your luck at winning some go kart races!

Of course we are very grateful to ALL of the individuals and businesses that make this event possible every year. Remeber, they are supporting our fun so we need to support them.

See y'all in a few weeks!
Lo Cash John

Re: 2nd Annual Lo Cash Racing Navigational Nationals-Winter Jam

Post by Lo Cash John »

I've had several people ask me "what is a navigation rally" or "what city does it end in"? So I thought it best to explain.

A navigation rally works like this;

A team consisting of a driver and at least one navigator (or as many as you'd like) register and are given a list of rules for the event. To prevent the teams from breaking any traffice laws, we seal the driver's license in an envelope that the driver must keep up with. At the finish line the envelope is inspected and if it's been opened that team is disqualified. The logic is if you are pulled over a police officer will ask for you license along with registration and insurance card.

The team brings their car to the starting line and the time is noted by the starting line official. A booklet, containing directions and questions is given to the navigator. When the official says "Go!" it's on! Follow the directions and you'll find the answers to the questions along the way. Everything follows in order, so if you get to you next direction BEFORE you answered all the questions so far, you missed something. Now you have to decide if you want to double back and find the answer or just take zero points for that one.

Along the route there will be a check point with the possibilty for bonus points. Last years winning team won due to these points so keep that in mind.

When the team gets to the finish line the finish line official will check them in by noting the time and collecting the answer sheet.

Once all teams are in, we will grade their answers and note the total time to run the route. Each answer is worth 1 point. The team with the highest score is the winner. If we have two teams with the same score the one with the lower elapsed time wins.

This year we will have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

Also we are conducting a prize raffle with loads of prizes. Each team will receive 1 raffle ticket, however for $5 you can buy "your height in tickets". So if your 6 foot tall, you get 6 foot worth of tickets. I don't think I need to explain that's a lot of tickets.

That's basically it in a nut shell.