GEX

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Hotrodvw

GEX

Post by Hotrodvw »

For what it's worth, I bought a 1776cc long block from GEX in about 1990. The motor ran awesome, and the only prob I had was a rocker shaft clip that broke from high lift cam and excess side movement. Not their fault.....I was just ignorant. Anywho.....I had good luck with them as an engine builder. Thanks Guys! Eric
Eric
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

I bought thier sand special 1835cc longblock. I had two issues with them tho. The paperwork said they came with swivel foot adjusters, it didn't, they wouldn't cough em up either. The next was on assembly one of the wrist pin clips was left out & it wore a huge groove in one cylender, they refused to replace the jug.

Otherwise, I had a hydraulic lifter kit installed, dropped it in my car & beat they holy hell outta it. lasted many years of hard abuse & the case held great. recently traded it for a TIV case.
BajaNick

Post by BajaNick »

I had a bad experience with them, The supposedly new heads and all insides on the longblock i bought were not new at all, they were rusty in some spots and caked with carbon, very visible. I live only a few miles from their shop and I dont like saying bad things about people or companies but if you saw them putting the engines together in the parking lot like I did you wouldnt buy from them.