Kennedy stage 1

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
YellowBajaBug

Kennedy stage 1

Post by YellowBajaBug »

I had a Kennedy stage one in my baja and two of the rivets on the pressure plate came lose while driveing to work (baja/daily driver) had to drop the engine and replace it with a stocker and the throwout bearing and the plate.
At the time i never did any serious offroading, with the new stocker i beat it to hell and i have had no ploblems at all. Has anyone had this problem with the kennedy, they did replace it for free and i was happy with that but i dont want to take that chance again.
vicsvw

Problems

Post by vicsvw »

Never had any problems with the Kennedy products. Any company can have a bad part now and then.
Remember you only want a clutch strong enough to hold your motor, any extra can cause trany problems.
If some one makes a mistake, you want the clutch to slip, not a tooth on 2ed gear. Most beginners think the stronger the clutch the better, but this just ain't so. See -> "Parts Book" Schematics and VW part numbers. -> http://www.vwhelp.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nick

Post by Nick »

Yea I guess it was just a fluke :)