seats for a baja?

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
noodles

seats for a baja?

Post by noodles »

Where can I find seats that are similar to beard seats? What kind of seats should I look for in a junkyard?
notched

seats for a baja?

Post by notched »

I know your post was about junk yard seats, but have you seen the Corbeau Baja SS seats? I think that's what they are called.

I was at the dunes recently, and the guy camping next to me had them in his rail. They were really nice.

He said they were super comfortable. He had to widen his rail to get them to fit, but was really happy with them. He said they have a powder coated frame too.

I think I've seen them for about $139 each.

If you'd rather have some junk yard seats, I've read that '91-'93 civic's had recaro's in them. I've thought about these seats.

------------------
Phillip Bradfield

> '63 Notchback on '68 pan w/stock 1600
> '68 Squareback - w/67 euro fenders - no motor yet
> '69 Squareback - chopped 3 1/2" currently getting the drip rails shaved - no motor yet
> ?? Sandrail - Type 3 powered - 1835 w/dual 40 Dells
Eriksport

seats for a baja?

Post by Eriksport »

I run Miata seats, 90-97ish. Speakers in the headrests out of water/sand's way. Narrow, very comfortable, and they still tip forward and recline. When I get my cage, I'll build bars to mount the miata sliders to the cage. I paid about 270 shipped for a pair of perfect ones from LA to Portland.

Erik
Dimitri

seats for a baja?

Post by Dimitri »

cant find anything like it in a junkyard...beard, mastercraft, and other seats are made for offroad, they use a suspension style design that a normal seat doesnt have. If budget is a concern check out PRP (like 180 a seat I think) or www.kartek.com has their own suspension seats.
GreenMachine

seats for a baja?

Post by GreenMachine »

I just saw a set of Beards at a swap meet, but there wasn't much left of them. I also saw some bare frames of them too. I don't know if you can get new covers etc.. for them but that would be your best bet to find used ones.

On another note, anybody know if the corbea (SP?) SS seats have the same bolt pattern setup as the Beards??

------------------
Mark D.
noodles

seats for a baja?

Post by noodles »

The corbeau seats seem to be the same thing as the beards just cheaper. I went ahead and ordered a pair from vwparts unlimited.
Bob Ingman

seats for a baja?

Post by Bob Ingman »

here is an example of what you`ll find at corbeau.com http://corbeau.com/brochure/images/baja ... _black.jpg
Good luck. Bob Ingman