Baja Seats

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Bob Ingman

Baja Seats

Post by Bob Ingman »

Say guys, lets talk seats. I`ve had my eye on the Corbeau Baja SS seats for awhile now.
The price is good. Less in the stores than the full retail listed on the website. They usually go for $139 ea. How do they compare to Mastercraft,Beard andPRP for the money. BTW I know where to get PRP for $159 and they are said to be comparable to Beard Super Seats. www.corbeau.com/brochure/bajaultra-ss.html
Let me know what you thing.Good Luck. Bob
GDRBO

Baja Seats

Post by GDRBO »

Bob; I have raced in Taylor Made, Mastercraft and Beards. Frankly if I had no way to tell which I was in I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I'm not sure that price should be the overriding thing to determine what seat to buy. But since they are all made of simular materials it probably as good as any other factor.
Steve Arndt

Baja Seats

Post by Steve Arndt »

I require a reclining seat so as to sleep in the car. Subaru and BWM cars both have seats that measure 22" and less on the butt bolsters. That is what you need to fit two seats in.
Steve
bigblock thing

Baja Seats

Post by bigblock thing »

I took some free seats out of a mazda rx7 and welded them to the seat tracks from my old vw seats.. Cost ? about 1/2 spent with my welder and grinder.

They are very nice and set a bit lower in the thing which I like because my head is farther from the roll bar