50th Anniversary Baja 1000 2017 results

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
dustymojave

50th Anniversary Baja 1000 2017 results

Post by dustymojave »

Did any of you guys go down for the 1000?

My son Warren was in the AGS 5-1600 and they finished 2nd in class. They had lead for over 300 miles, but were caught in silt for a couple hours and got passed. Congrats to the Avina team that won.

Warren got home last night. Lots of stories. :) Certainly an adventure that will be remembered for a lifetime. 8)
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills! but then...So does OLD AGE!!
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
'58 Baja with 955K Miles and counting
doc
Site Admin

Re: 50th Anniversary Baja 1000 2017 results

Post by doc »

Let us remember too. Pics?
dustymojave

Re: 50th Anniversary Baja 1000 2017 results

Post by dustymojave »

Tough to take pics when you're doing pitting, chasing down the peninsula and in the race car in the 1000. Those who take pics of such events are usually those who do not have much in the way of responsibilities. So he really didn't. I might be able to find some pics on the web that I can link to.
I have a couple pics to download from my phone of part of the group after they arrived back here in the states.
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills! but then...So does OLD AGE!!
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
'58 Baja with 955K Miles and counting