cnc slave adjustment for clutch

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
mlrailguy

cnc slave adjustment for clutch

Post by mlrailguy »

Tried doing search here, but wasn't having much luck. I've got the CNC pedal setup in my buggy. The clutch seems hard to push and the clutch engages right off the floor. Maybe my legs are too short and I just can't push pedal far enough in? What kind of adjustments can I do here? The reservoir is a little low.?
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: cnc slave adjustment for clutch

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0282.JPG
Is your slave cylinder hookup anything like this? If so there might be some adjustment at both ends of the slave cylinder's rods. Make sure the slave cylinder fully bled too. Also, the angle of the arm vs. the slave cylinder can make a difference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cbeck

Post by cbeck »

I went from a 5/8 master to a 3/4 mc, could not believe how much harder the pedal was to push. About to spend the cash for another 5/8. My cnc slave is threaded on both ends like lee's pics.
mlrailguy

Post by mlrailguy »

Exactly what I have. I tried tightening the fixed end a bit. Haven't driven it yet, but it shifts into first now much easier. It still is engaging just off floor, but maybe that's a good thing? Should I tighten it up a bit more?
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Do you have a long or short cross-shaft arm, the one the slave cylinder connects to. That also might make a difference.

Check the throw out bearing fork's connections to this cross shaft, they have been known to break loose.