Air filtration tips

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
69yellowbug

Re: Air filtration tips

Post by 69yellowbug »

I had the outerwears and they helped but still packed up. It's a dusty area buck there.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

mlrailguy

Post by mlrailguy »

We have heavy ash here in Moses Lake from Mt St Helens. We run the K&N filters. Clean them up every year and re-oil. We also run the Outerwears pre-filters over these. We have no problems
petew

Post by petew »

I've personally used oiled foam filters for years in dirt autokhanas. Unifilter over here make them in a single or dual stage system. I usually used dual stage with a the extra "sock" easily removed if things got too dirty. So after 2 runs, if the sock was clogged, you could just pull it and run the single stage underneath to see out the day. The other advantage being, you can take 2 or 3 socks to an event and change them as often as needed in literally a minute.

http://www.uniflow.com.au/contents/en-u ... odkit.html

If you contact these guys they can tell you what size you need. They're super helpful.
69yellowbug wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:12 pm A good tight air box being fed from a Donaldson industrial air filter setup and your golden. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I really think this is worth considering too. A lot of our offroad guys use them over here, especially in really dusty conditions. With you running at wide open throttle or similar all the time it should work really well. Here's their document to read through...

http://donaldsontoolbox.com.au/files/94 ... m_Dust.pdf
69yellowbug

Post by 69yellowbug »

damm thats a good looking buggy
Vanillagurilla

Post by Vanillagurilla »

Cotton k&n type filter with a oiled uni foam wrap over them. I also use fab1 foam filter oil for motorcycles on the uni. The fab1 gets VERY sticky after it sets up.
PhillipM

Post by PhillipM »

As some others have said, just run paper filters, not cotton, even a perfect, oiled new cotton filter won't filter as well as a cheap paper.