Buggy project - what to fix first

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Leatherneck

Re: Buggy project - what to fix first

Post by Leatherneck »

That should be a fun ride when you are done.
Class 11 streeter

Post by Class 11 streeter »

Update time. This days goals are to drill a hole in the dash for the speedo and temp mount the CV joint speed sensor and the headlight bucket.
buggyworks1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
Class 11 streeter

Intended location of the speedo, this nice unused patch of dash board.
buggyworks2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
Class 11 streeter

The steering wheel is in the way of a straight shot with the drill. Nothing worth the effort comes easy eh?
Class 11 streeter

Steering wheel and speedo plug removed and fresh fiberglass dust and speedo hole created.
buggyworks4.jpg
Class 11 streeter

Any Max Smart fans here? Missed it (the wiring harness) by this much! The irony is this harness is on its way out for the street legal upgrades.
buggyworks5.jpg
Class 11 streeter

As usual, problem. Metric speedo does not fit SAE holesaw size, and I am not smart enough to buy a metric holesaw. File time!
buggyworks6.jpg
Class 11 streeter

And it fits. The hand file made quite a racket for the time it took so next time maybe a dremel.
buggyworks7.jpg
Class 11 streeter

A quick pic for motivation and the speedo will come back out for more build work behind the dash.
buggyworks8.jpg
Class 11 streeter

Speed sensor bracket does not line up straight, probably to clear the CNC slave cylinder. Anyone know if this will be an issue?
buggyworks14.jpg
Class 11 streeter

Offroad lights being replaced by street legal sealed beam buckets. One silly pic for the record.
buggyworks9.jpg
Class 11 streeter

Headlight buckets mounted! The final look is almost there.
buggyworks10.jpg
Class 11 streeter

A view from the drivers seat of the new buckets in place. Looking forward to seeing the streets from this angle.
buggyworks11.jpg
Class 11 streeter

Meanwhile I am thinking ~2" round LED front and rear turn signals here, single filament. The 1" lights seen below already mounted are going to stay as parking/marker lights. Tail lights are 3 wire but I want amber turn lights below them.
buggyworks12.jpg
buggyworks13.jpg
Class 11 streeter

Thats the update for now. These few words and pics took me 3+ hours on the phone to post. Really frustrating lately, my cell phone service is degrading with new devices added daily and the data network not getting upgraded to keep pace. I had posts typed out and pics attached when my cell signal would cut out and dump the unposted content, I finally just went to 1 pic posts to get it done. First world problems indeed!