CWB gets an E-Ticket Ride

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
CentralWAbaja

CWB gets an E-Ticket Ride

Post by CentralWAbaja »

E-Ticket Ride" how many have heard that phrase? Who out there knows where it came from? Well I will save you the Wikipedia or Google search. Prior to 1982 the E-Ticket was the premium admission ticket to Disneyland. This ticket gained you access to the latest and greatest rides that the park had to offer. Funny, when I did the Wikipedia search to make sure i remembered it correctly Wikipedia shows a green Disneyland ticket circa 1975-1977 that looked just like the one i had in a scrapbook from my childhood trip in 1977.lol Anyway, i just can't think of a better way to discribe the experience I was given by my friend Zac Riesh last Friday in Lauglin, NV.

What can I say, I was in the car for almost 2 hrs with tech, and then waiting in line to pre-run the lap then in line to qualify and finally a 4 minute or so lap and it was done. All I wanted to do was get back in line and go again. Just like at Disneyland haha
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
no1clyde

Re: CWB gets an E-Ticket Ride

Post by no1clyde »

That is awesome Daron, good for you.

Ed
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

I bet that was fun!

I have had two E-ticket rides in my life and one of them was in a green car.

1. The GCA with Tim Seward in his green baja. Seriously. Even when the #@%*#%@ wheel broke off.

2. Rode in a LS powered 5 seat buggy at the dunes here in Oklahoma. At night. Wow. I think Leatherneck and our two sons rode too.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Would loved to see a video of that, you screaming like a little girl, throwing up all over the place, no wait that was Scott :P . Glad you finally got to go on that run, you worked and rated it.

Scott that was that Rail the guy was trying to sell for $75K. It was a nice ride for sure, even with the electrical problems. Good times!
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

It was different then a sand ride for sure. My best friend has a twin turbo LS Tatum and 0-115mph looking at the sky most of the way with your cheeks peeled back is a crazy feeling for sure, but that's in open dunes. This was different in that.The little ecotec is under power compared to mine, so keeping it wound tight was key and keeping momentum is important. Hitting 4 successive jumps in a row at 80MPH on a track track that is maybe 40ft wide, getting sideways on the 4th one and not really lifting only to slam the breaks on and toss it into a corner at 50 or 60 and hope it sticks, then to head down a short straight and toss it into another corner as hard as it will allow, definitely was a fun experience given by one of the best 5-U drivers around. All that and doing it when it counts for him....for time...yeah it was intense. A really smooth graded track maybe made for a more tame ride then I had thought it might be, but I was good with that as well. Great first ride, I look forward to the day when I can go play in the desert with him. But that is a double edged deal though, if he is playing, then he probably is not racing and I really do enjoy being part of the racing with this guys team. Who knows where life takes us but one thing that will not change is that first ride, it was cool. 8)

I really wish we had tossed the gopro on the dash. Oh well.
TimS

Post by TimS »

GoPro makes you doubt your memories. How you lived the experience is more important than what happened, no induendo involved.

I like the way you described the experience. Life changing for sure.

When do you enter your car in a race? Now that I think of it, your car doesn't have a name. You should fix that... Or we could do it for you? :lol:

Congrats!
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

TimS wrote:.......Now that I think of it, your car doesn't have a name. You should fix that... Or we could do it for you? :lol:
Well, Ya'll kinda already have "The Queen" is kinda what has stuck. LOL I embrace the "Trailer Queen" razzing that I have endured throughout this. Toss in a couple racer folks telling me she is a pretty "Prom Queen" and well OK that's fine "The Queen" it is.
TimS

Post by TimS »

The Queen. I like it. After all, it does have a little extra junk in the trunk, so to speak.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

So how do you think the Queen would compare lap time-wise against the Grinch or Ray's Griffith-Built Baja at Laughlin?

(Note for those who don't know these folks, Ray's Baja and Steve Tyo's as well (user name "SteveOwe" on TOS, DesertRides,etc.) were built by Steve Griffith of Griffith Welding. Steve's own Class 5-U Baja, black with candy green flames on the hood, which was pitted right with the Grinch and Ray Promer's Baja at Rage At The River with its new owner, was used in the video game Baja: Edge of Control.)
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills! but then...So does OLD AGE!!
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
'58 Baja with 955K Miles and counting
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

Ohh...
That WAS a big grin when you came back from that lap.
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills! but then...So does OLD AGE!!
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
'58 Baja with 955K Miles and counting
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

dustymojave wrote:So how do you think the Queen would compare lap time-wise against the Grinch or Ray's Griffith-Built Baja at Laughlin?

(Note for those who don't know these folks, Ray's Baja and Steve Tyo's as well (user name "SteveOwe" on TOS, DesertRides,etc.) were built by Steve Griffith of Griffith Welding. Steve's own Class 5-U Baja, black with candy green flames on the hood, which was pitted right with the Grinch and Ray Promer's Baja at Rage At The River with its new owner, was used in the video game Baja: Edge of Control.)

That would be a interesting run to see.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

dustymojave wrote:So how do you think the Queen would compare lap time-wise against the Grinch or Ray's Griffith-Built Baja at Laughlin?

Loaded question for sure! I aint touching that lol Seriously Zac drove Ken Housman's V-6 Crumco at the night race a year or two ago and said it was crazy how much harder it pulled. Zac and Ray are both awesome race car drivers and now their cars well. Zac especially over the last couple years has proven to be able to get in other cars and drive them as fast if not faster then their owners, he would do he same in my car. If I am answering honestly my car gives up 5-600lbs to those cars but has 100+ more horsepower. They have better brakes then me. So I pull them off the corner out of sheer horsepower and give it all back as I try to enter a corner. In short course racing it is all about corner speed. That is why the Zac in the Grinch and John Willard stacked up like they did at Primm in 2015. They beat the majority of the truck and class-1 field there that year.