Ocotillo Wells Night Run 2016..August 20th

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Iguana

Re: Ocotillo Wells Night Run 2016..August 20th

Post by Iguana »

Not long now just have to put the Manxter back in one piece and Team Orange will be ready to rock
Buy a Kit, Build a Dream
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Remember everyone - safety is this event's main priority. Industry experts have made their recommendation to remain as safe as possible.... just follow this simple rule:

"Your car sounds angry, and it wants to go fast all the time..."
(quote from my daughter, after driving my car)

It's not complicated, it's just expensive...
Iguana

Post by Iguana »

I just hope there is enough Buggies there to keep getting him unstuck :)

We had 3 last time and still needed more to get him unstuck in his fat ass thing

Buggy 1 just didn't weigh enough

And even though the kids had been practicing ...

They just were not prepared for a job the size of that thing ...
Buy a Kit, Build a Dream
Steve92004

Post by Steve92004 »

Damn I sold my buggy a couple weeks ago

But I got this now, are you guys going to be off road only in OW or going to be on the street/state park?

rickosuave1987

Post by rickosuave1987 »

We usually stick to the OHV during the night run since some guys (like me) don't bring street legal cars.
Baja
HookIt

GK Electric & Suave Racing - Looking for sponsors!!
SuaveRacing FaceBook
Thank you to SuaveRacing Sponsors for your support!
Steve92004

Post by Steve92004 »

Is it ok to bring a rzr?
I used to hate them too lol
Getrdone

Post by Getrdone »

All packed up. There will be all kinds of vehicles. We don't discriminate!
Steve92004

Post by Steve92004 »

I live in Borrego Springs
The wife is making me paint the kid's bedroom Saturday so I'll come out early Saturday evening
What time is your run?
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

8 pm
"Your car sounds angry, and it wants to go fast all the time..."
(quote from my daughter, after driving my car)

It's not complicated, it's just expensive...
Mfmotorsports

Post by Mfmotorsports »

Where all ready to go for tomorrow night.
IMG_2365.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve92004

Post by Steve92004 »

What size shoes?
Getrdone

Post by Getrdone »

Just got back! Had a blast. Weather was awesome!!! Was able to drive during the day no problem. Very comfortable
Getrdone

Post by Getrdone »

Thank you so much Denny, Sarah, Joe and Tracy!!! Another great and awesome nite run.
The exact same pic as last year.

TimS

Post by TimS »

Looking forward to trip reports. Glad you guys had a good event
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
baja5

Post by baja5 »

Not sure there will be a Good trip report but i will give it a shot. We really weren't sure of how many cars were coming as this years sign up sheet seemed pretty slim. In all we had 14 cars running, 4 teams total, 2 with 3 cars and 2 with 4. The format was the same as last year, 10 sets of GPS coordinates and just over 4 hours to find them all. In the end it was team Zancat with the win collecting 8 tokens with just about 20 minutes to spare. One of their cars lost a front brake caliper seal so he had no brakes which slowed them down considerably. Second was team Getrdone-Iguana with Ricko and 1 other Manxter. They did amazingly well considering Rick lost a fuel pump a mile into the run. Had they just towed the car straight back and kept on they would have one. Amazingly they finished only a few minutes behind the leaders and with 8 tokens as well. Very well done. Third place was team Skidmark, with Shayne and Marc as the team with another guy named own as their 4th car. Seems they had a few problems with the soft sand and needed a tow or 2 to continue on. Luckily the 4th team had a Ford Raptor along with them and helped them out. Their team was local folks from the Desert Ironwoods campground, All really nice people. The weather was nice, hot but manageable. We did some driving on friday night. Then, on Saturday morning Joe and I along with the wives and my son went to set up. The weather was perfect, just warm enough to scare off all of the sissies, which is most of the desert crowd and we had a run of the place. It was fun. Spent some time in the pool during the day and made another late afternoon run to finish the set up. Today we woke up and took another run over to Blowsand so that Iguana could do some filming. It was a short but fun run for sure. Then we loaded up and came home. It's hard to believe that next year will be the 10th anniversary of The Night Run.Huge thank you to Joe and Tracey for the help for this years run. Cameron and Vince for the great shirts and to all the brave souls that made it out. Next year is already in the planning stages and is sure to be bigger and better than ever. So if you are a veteran Night Runner or have never made it out but think it might be fun, start marking your calendars for a weekend in August. Rumor has it that the wives may be planning this one so that Joe and I can compete but we will see. I didn't really take any pics that turned out but maybe Tracey can hook it up and post a few up. Thanks again everyone!!