Mirror brackets

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
5.0 Chero

Mirror brackets

Post by 5.0 Chero »

DeMinimis

Re: Mirror brackets

Post by DeMinimis »

I've used something very similar. The problem I had, which might be specific to the vehicle more than anything, is I could not adjust the mirror enough before they would hit the support/mount bracket (the flat piece of steel in the middle). I'll go with something more along this route with my current build, I suspect (coudl flip it over if needed to crank the mirrors upward, of flip for the opposite:

and mirrors with the "L" bracket to further increase the distance for unfettered adjustment.

Getrdone

Post by Getrdone »

Took some trial and error to get them right. Don't like have extra bracket that's not need.

5.0 Chero

Post by 5.0 Chero »

DeMinimis wrote:I've used something very similar. The problem I had, which might be specific to the vehicle more than anything, is I could not adjust the mirror enough before they would hit the support/mount bracket (the flat piece of steel in the middle). I'll go with something more along this route with my current build, I suspect (coudl flip it over if needed to crank the mirrors upward, of flip for the opposite:

and mirrors with the "L" bracket to further increase the distance for unfettered adjustment.

I should be able to make a spacer to solve that if needed I was looking at the rollbar mounts and thought of making my own door mounts but for the price if they fit these would be cheaper and easier