what ever happened to.......

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
JUSSUMGUY

Re: what ever happened to.......

Post by JUSSUMGUY »

x4 for steve
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Are any of the mods still posting? I am not sure if I have seen some of them around lately.
jimmyhoffa

Post by jimmyhoffa »

Piledriver posted in my thread toward the (current) end, and Doc posted in my Vanagon transmission rebuild thread over in the Transaxle section. That's about all I've seen, but none of them are technically Off Road Mods.

You do realize this means that ANY OF US could do WHATEVER WE WANT without the looming hammer of authority hanging over our heads...... :twisted:
Vendi Vidi Boomski
I came. I saw. I crashed.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I've seen Henry Hh lately and, of course Doc but it does seem to one of those quiet times we get from timt to time.
rickosuave1987

Post by rickosuave1987 »

jimmyhoffa wrote: You do realize this means that ANY OF US could do WHATEVER WE WANT without the looming hammer of authority hanging over our heads...... :twisted:
I'm still here...

So watch yourselves! :twisted: :twisted:

:lol:
Baja
HookIt

GK Electric & Suave Racing - Looking for sponsors!!
SuaveRacing FaceBook
Thank you to SuaveRacing Sponsors for your support!
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Why you sneaky suave thing you! :lol:
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

Just WHO IS this evil "1987" fella anyway? I haven't seen that name around here lately.

8)
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills! but then...So does OLD AGE!!
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
'58 Baja with 955K Miles and counting
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

:shock:

watch this space for a big announcement! possibly THIS Friday........

I think I might call in sick!
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

Or...... maybe not!
fusername

Post by fusername »

so the mods are asleep and I can do whatever I want now eh?
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

:shock:

look what the cat drug in.......
fusername

Post by fusername »

pro-tip: don't get bedding the same color as your roomates cat. When you scare the c@$% out of each other only you will look like an idiot, the cat looks like she meant to do it...
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

fusername wrote:so the mods are asleep and I can do whatever I want now eh?
You wish!
Hedrock

Post by Hedrock »

Hey guys,

Sorry for the absence for the last year or two but as the old saying goes... life has definitely gotten in the way. I have kept in touch with a few of you guys during this time and do appreciate the ability to do so. As you know about three years ago I lost my dad. Soon after my mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. We stayed close to her during all of her chemo treatments and surgeries and when we were told that she was in remission (close to a year later) my step dad passed away. He had promised her that he would take care of her until she was well and then he wanted to go because he was" tired and had had a good life". He fulfilled this promise to her and literately passed a week after her doctor had given her the all clear. Currently she is back in chemo treatment and doing the best she can under the circumstances.

Of course during all of this time there were other things going on...

The bug had just been sitting and the time seemed right to try and sell and... it did.

Two of our four girls got married and each had babies... not necessarily in that order :lol:

I bought a toyhauler so we could explore some more interests.

I traded a few items for a 4 wheeler and bought another.

With the purchase of the trailer I needed a better truck so I picked up a 2008 Chevy 3500 Duramax with 72k miles.

As I type this I am in Oklahoma city with a new position at work. My oldest daughter and her family live here and I am staying with them until my wife completes the current school year. The plan is to sell the house as the school year nears the end and re locate to the OKC area when the school year finishes. Until then I drive home every other weekend to see her and do some minor repairs to the house. As for a next project there has been talk again of the rebuilding of Mitch's old class 1 car but as you can see there are a few other things to take care of first. We have got to enjoy the camper a few times and will be spending a week in Las Vegas the first part of April for the Spring Fling Million drag races.

Well I guess that's enough drama for one post. Ill keep you guys posted as things progress...

Btw... I have sent doc a request or two to find a replacement in my absence. I'm not sure what his plan is but I do understand and am fine with being taken off of mod duties.

Thanks...
Collecting parts again... No I'm not going to say why!
madmitch

Post by madmitch »

Yes Brian. Its been a rough couple of years. I try to keep up with things on the forum as well as everything else that goes on in life. I found it odd that I happen to check this topic only hours after you posed your reply.
If you feel you are picking up speed you may be going downhill.