Wrisley's Buggy

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
cwrisley

Re: Wrisley's Buggy

Post by cwrisley »

cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016021 ... d46e25.jpg[/img]

Shameless poser shot. Taken about 24 hours before the turbo started talkin funny, oil pressure got low, and motor shut off. Never to start again.

....now, who wants to buy a 4 seater with a "lightly used" Subie?!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Nothing worse than teaser links. I can't see your pics :?
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Probably because I posted from Tapatalk.

cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Is there a way around having to shrink every photo? I can see them all using Tapatalk.
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

cwrisley wrote:Is there a way around having to shrink every photo? I can see them all using Tapatalk.

you and me both! from what I have understood about Tapatalk is that Doc needs to adjust his programming or coding or whatever a bit.
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Well, no diagnosis yet on the motor situation. I pulled all the plugs yesterday. They are all clean and debris free. Oil level is still full and looks clean. It only has 2 trips on it. I usually change it every other. Motor still cranks all normal and tries to start but never fires. Bad fuel pump? Clogged fuel filters? That wouldn't explain the weird turbo noises. The input shaft on the turbo was oozing oil around the pick up line. Not sure if related. Not much oil, but enough to noticed.

.....time to go LS motor on a bigger chassis.

cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Haven't been here in awhile. Buggy just got a fresh EJ25 from Steve Johnson at S&S Subabru. Haven't had it out yet, but dyno'd at 200hp and 240ft/lbs. Should be a lil more "peppy"!

With that said, she's on the chopping block. Cant fit all 3 kids in the car, so its time to upgrade. Its been a great lil car, hate to see it go. Text me if interested. 760-445-2635
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

So what are the plans after this one is gone, going to treat us like a cheap hooker and leave us?
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

I could never leave this dirt pile. No plans for replacement yet. I'm keeping my eye out for a Suspensions Unlimited car, but that will wait until after the house. For now, the Bronco has been keeping us out in the dirt, having a blast.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Did it sell or did you play with it for the season?
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

CentralWAbaja wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:09 am Did it sell or did you play with it for the season?
I still have it. We took it out to Glamis and Superstition this season. It did very well and I noticed the difference between the motors. This is an awesome car. I just wish it had 5 seats! Its still for sale, so hopefully the right buyer comes along and takes her home.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

I wold say pics or it didnt happen but thats a tricky subject around here lately. Glad to see you made use of it for another season and it didn't sit. Glad to see you notifications are turned on LOL I miss the gang here and I am kinda seeing whos paying attention. Thanks!
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Wow. Has it really been over a year? I miss this place

I still have the buggy. Side-by-side market is gutting the buggy market. I’m hoping to not lose my ass on this thing. Haha. No real updates since the last post. We still take it to the sand and dirt, she still drives great. Haven’t had any major issues or concerns (knock on wood). I’ve been focused on building my Bronco, which has deemed itself a fantastic money pit. It’s a great truck though.

I’m bummed I missed the Night Run, but life and work gets in the way sometimes. I would have been great to see some old faces (like, really old. How are some of you still able to drive?!) lol.

Just thought I’d check in and say hello.