Topic of the Day...

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Topic of the Day...

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

No, it looked like a base ball stitch.

Again, the non-welders know of the "stack of nickels bit and often judge the weld by that. Since you know more than the average non-welders its hard to think in their terms. Beauty often looks better than perfection; actors and actresses should tell you that 😂.
bikesndbugs

Post by bikesndbugs »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:29 pm No, it looked like a base ball stitch.

Again, the non-welders know of the "stack of nickels bit and often judge the weld by that. Since you know more than the average non-welders its hard to think in their terms. Beauty often looks better than perfection; actors and actresses should tell you that 😂.
im far from great im alright at it need more practice but i know how it generally should be.

https://twistedsifter.files.wordpress.c ... =640&h=633

thats the closest to a stitch i can find.
Travis
I spend way to much time on this site
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I'm having trouble posting on STF again. Anything with a URL or even just simple post is being dropped or it says that I can't post to this place. Lets see if this works.

I think the pictures that I remember that were posted may have some from TOS many years ago. They were a bunch of guys showing off their skills and the one I am remembering is several tubes being welded together in a pack.
bikesndbugs

Post by bikesndbugs »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:40 pm I'm having trouble posting on STF again. Anything with a URL or even just simple post is being dropped or it says that I can't post to this place. Lets see if this works.

I think the pictures that I remember that were posted may have some from TOS many years ago. They were a bunch of guys showing off their skills and the one I am remembering is several tubes being welded together in a pack.
it was down last night so i think they have been having issues
Travis
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Yeah it was but this seems to be an ongoing thing. I write up a post and then send and it takes a while then "can't send" then the message is gone. the same with photos.
bikesndbugs

Post by bikesndbugs »

Weird I never have that issue sometimes uploading lags a lot. A quick fix for yours would be to write the post then copy it just to make sure you don't lose it. Like highlight blue and copy or just write it up on a word document or other such thing. Makes sure you dont have to rewrite it.

I understand the issues though I made a very simple website once and it was not easy

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Travis
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Actually I do do that a lot especially when I have been having this kind of problem. I changed security carrier and it didn't change things that much, just got cheaper :D . Its funny, when I am going through the my Android tablet is also acting up.
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

You "do-do" that, huh?

To me, "do-do" is a semi-polite (ie not profane)term referring to what the dog leaves on the back lawn.

But I've been having trouble with trying to post pictures. So I get your frustration Lee.
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills! but then...So does OLD AGE!!
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
'58 Baja with 955K Miles and counting
bikesndbugs

Post by bikesndbugs »

dustymojave wrote:You "do-do" that, huh?

To me, "do-do" is a semi-polite (ie not profane)term referring to what the dog leaves on the back lawn.

But I've been having trouble with trying to post pictures. So I get your frustration Lee.
The dog doesn't always leave do-do on the lawn occasionally its in the house.
and I haven't gotten. To the point of prewriting my posts but a few times I've had stuff delete on me. Stf usually gets photos later that tos because of the resizing and common issues. Tos won't let me upload anything but jpeg photos so my saved screenshots won't upload there. All sites have their little issues.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Travis
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

dustymojave wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:43 pm You "do-do" that, huh?

In this case "do do" is not canine feces but "also do" (unless that is some other kind of no-no subject) nor is it the results of (edited). :oops: :oops: :roll:

I really don't know what is causing it as it come and goes and you never know just what it is going to do at any one time.
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

You can use something like Paint to convert screenshots to .jpg.
Richard
Tech Inspection: SCCA / SCORE / HDRA / ARVRA / A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech - MDR, MORE, Glen Helen BajaCup
Retired Fabricator
bikesndbugs

Post by bikesndbugs »

im using a chromebook currently and that doesnt have paint ive found i have to either directly save the image or go to google draw and save it from there. works the same as using paint just another option for people to know.
Travis
dustymojave

Post by dustymojave »

Yup. Same concept.
Richard
Retired Fabricator
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

My dad always said "try hitting it with a hammer"....

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.