Tim went racing...

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Leatherneck

Re: Tim went racing...

Post by Leatherneck »

takotruckin wrote:You call that a heat wave?

106 here tomorrow.
You call that a heat wave, there was only one day this week under 120 so far. lol but I do love our winters.
TimS

Post by TimS »

Leatherneck wrote:

106 here tomorrow.
You call that a heat wave, there was only one day this week under 120 so far. lol but I do love our winters.
That was last year, leather.

This year high temps predicted to be 85. Not too bad.

Here are some links just to keep the story complete...

Jackpot story...
http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 8&t=145360

Vernal story...
http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=146918

Vernal was my last race. Now prepping for jackpot with guest driver(s).

Still sporting STF as a title sponsor but as more and more commercial interests post here, i'm leaning towards changing it.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
TimS

Post by TimS »

I've gone from the "metal flakes on the floor" stage to the "saftey wire and zip tie tails on the floor" stage.

Getting closer.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
GoMopar440

Post by GoMopar440 »

106 here tomorrow.
LOL. This pic is from a friend of mine working over in the middle east sand box part of the world at about the middle of the day.
Home made rail (street legal), 1600 DP, 34PICT-3, T3 brakes, 4-1 glass-pack exhaust, 31's in back and 7.00x15's up front. Link to build thread: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=147561&p=1227553#p1227553
TimS

Post by TimS »

Exhaust is sanded and painted. Valves adjusted. Just a few lingering items and we will be ready to rock. Need to work on pit items and a few pit improvements... mostly of the comfort variety.

T minus 6 days. I will have to kick some serious ass to win this thing. I'm not sure what class I will run or how they grouping things so I really don't know of a trophy is in my grasp.

We will also have a guest driver, so that is another variable.
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

Can't wait to see Ed's old school fire suit and helmet!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
TimS

Post by TimS »

Exhaust installed, oil changed, more saftey wire. All I need is a fuel filter and some gas. Might change out some tires, but time might be limiting me there. Need to pack up for camping. Not going to skimp on comforts.
TimS

Re: Tim goes racing...

Post by TimS »

kyle_pc_75 wrote: He has a HUD surgically implanted in his eyeball. He got the screenshot by jacking into the mini-USB at the base of his skull. :wink:
They don't call me Violent for nothing.

Sincerely,

Mr. Phlegm.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

TimS wrote:Exhaust installed, oil changed, more saftey wire. All I need is a fuel filter and some gas. Might change out some tires, but time might be limiting me there. Need to pack up for camping. Not going to skimp on comforts.
Don't forget beer....oh and ice
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
TimS

Post by TimS »

Wife got me a cooler that holds 500 cans. Should be enough.
no1clyde

Post by no1clyde »

TimS wrote:Wife got me a cooler that holds 500 cans. Should be enough.
AWESOME :mrgreen:

Ed
TimS

Post by TimS »

Typo. Meant 200, but the town is close enough for resupply.
kyle_pc_75

Post by kyle_pc_75 »

TimS wrote:I'm not sure what class I will run or how they grouping things so I really don't know of a trophy is in my grasp.
I'm curious myself. Lots of V8 trucks planning to show up, not sure about UL buggies or limited buggies. And let me tell you, Nate is making some freakin' COOL trophies. He's sent me a few sneak previews. Totally unlike anything he's done prior.
TimS

Post by TimS »

I know about the trophies. Makes me hungry.

Buggy done except for reorganizing the tires. Trying something new.

And I need to get it out of the garage. It's sideways, so that will take some work.

Now onto pit supplies and loading.

Then camping and comfort.
TimS

Post by TimS »

I stepped on the scale tonight and only gained 1.5 HP. A few days in the desert and some Mexican food should get me to a solid 2.

I've been working on quickening the Tire changes, but my new jack will not be ready in time. I have yet to sufficiently lighten my new setup to my satisfaction. No flats is the goal this time.

Other than pit supplies, strategy will be variable up until the race is over. If we can trophy with our guest driver, I would be thrilled. We will try.