Steve Arndt baja build project

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
bajaherbie

Re: Steve Arndt baja build project

Post by bajaherbie »

Awesome on the new job....

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
CentralWAbaja

Post by CentralWAbaja »

Nicely done man. Been passing through your town a lot lately. One of these days I need to give you a shout and and grab a bite or something.
It is not Mickey Moused.....It's Desert Engineered!
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

My van broke so I've been daily driving Bugly to work this week. I took her out last weekend to play in the foothills above Boise a little bit. Hit the clouds at 5k feet. It was first gear speed visibility was so reduced. On the weekends there are a lot of crazy jeep drivers up there so going slow is prudent.

I've developed an oil leek near my sending units. Hopefully its just the gauge or pressure sensor and no a cracked case where the fitting goes in. I'll clean it up and fix that.

I haven't put a wrench to the bug since November 2016 just been driving it. I should probably change the oil soon close to two years on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

Been averaging 25 miles per gallon doing in town driving mostly. My left knee hates the clutch. There are 4.40 r/p sets available aftermarket for the bus automatic. I'm pretty tempted to put an auto in it.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

What clutch is in it Steve? Something heavy? Or just a bad knee?
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

stage 2 2100, copper head. late pedal assembly. 100mm cross shaft arm. bad knee.