Exhaust Question - and some others questions

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
caslor

Exhaust Question - and some others questions

Post by caslor »

Hi to all friends here..

I would like to make a question about Exhaust .. ( I didnt know if it would be better to place this question in engine forum... so sorry in advance )

I am building a buggy - sand rail style vehicle

and i find out that can place stock exhaust system because the protection bar i place behind...
so i am thinking to build my own exhaust system...

i know that for better performance (1200cc engine.. hahaha so i am not waiting to much :p ) the exhaust tubes must have all the same size distance...

i would ask if all of them should end in one muffler or can build an exhaust that each head has his own muffler

(2 tubes from one head to one muffler and the other 2 from tha other head to an other muffler)

thanks in advance
Last edited by caslor on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
GDRBORETIRED

Post by GDRBORETIRED »

A 4 into 1 system is better. The 2 pipe into 1 muffler (each head) actually reduces Horsepower from a stock muffler. Why not lengthen the rear so you have the clearance you need? Also the verticle bars on the sides would be stronger if they formed triangles.
caslor

Post by caslor »

THANKS for the reply and for the interesting my friend..

so one muffler for the fourth pipes will be ;)

about the vertical bars.. i cant do anything now..
in next project will go in triangle ;)

again thanks
caslor

Re: Exhaust Question - and some others questions

Post by caslor »

I order not to open a new topic i decide to use my old one as it is for the same project..

what tires should i go for this project ?
use the stock wheels? i need to have to cost as low as it is possible.. one option i am thinking is to go and make wider the stock wheels in order to place bigger tires taller

the sway bar in front should i leave it as it is, or remove it ?
Lotrat

Re: Exhaust Question - and some others questions

Post by Lotrat »

I wouldn't go bigger than 30" tires with a stock motor and trans.
Stock wheels are only 4" wide, you could get away with 235's. Many class 11 racers use that combo.

Take the sway bar off and cut it into pieces and slip them inside your tierods to strengthen them.