Central WA Baja

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.

Moderators: Leatherneck, rickosuave1987

Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Central WA Baja

Post by Ol'fogasaurus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:01 am

"Doing OK Lee. I have an MRI on Nov 9th and they will decide then if we are doing surgery. They did release me from my hard plastic shell so my attitude is better LOL. Slowing me down more then I wanted but in reality as I get older I just keep healing slower and slower."

I hate to tell you this but healing isn't the only age related thing that gets slower and slower :evil: :roll: .

To paraphrase something I heard/saw the other day: "You have to be young and stupid in order to get old and wise" (assuming you live through your youth that is). I like the thought but I don't think that is true because I know a lot of people who didn't learn their lessons from their youth! :wink:

Keeping good thoughts for your recovery.

Lee

dustymojave

Post by dustymojave » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Slowing me down more then I wanted but in reality as I get older I just keep healing slower and slower.
Aw...You're still a punk kid Daron. 8)

I learned from working for an attorney decades ago ( I was fabricating things to be used for exhibits) who represented a major car maker, then working in product safety engineering for a toy maker, that most liability lawsuits are filed by insurance companies, "on behalf of" their clients, often without the client's knowledge, because they don't want to pay out on insurance claims that they have contracted and taken money to cover. Funny part is that it's often another insurance company that pays the court settlement at the end. Raises insurance and product costs for all of us dramatically.

"You have to be young and stupid in order to get old and wise" means that everyone who has become old and wise has managed to survive being young and stupid in order to get to old and wise. But that truth does not guarantee that all who are young and stupid become old and wise. Not even all those who survive young and stupid. There are a great many old and stupid. Trust me...
Richard
Lake LA, Mojave Desert, SoCal
Speed Kills!, but then...So does OLD AGE!!
A.R.T.S. OffRoad Race Tech Inspection
MDR / MORE / Glen Helen BajaCup Challenge
AKA: MojaveRacer208
'58 Baja with 815K Miles and counting

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:36 pm

B-wahahahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My point exactly! I know a lot of people who have lived and not learned and some that got too old and forgot :roll: :wink: :twisted: ).
Lee

My opinion is worth slightly less than what you paid for it.

madmitch

Post by madmitch » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:31 pm

😂😂😂
If you feel you are picking up speed you may be going downhill.