Posting pictures

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
kyle_pc_75

Re: Posting pictures

Post by kyle_pc_75 »

Seems like we need a YouTube tutorial as well. I couldn't figure out how to embed a video in my post. I remember BigDave explaining it in a thread somewhere, but couldn't find it.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Youtube is easy. Copy the URL from YOUTUBE, paste it on the thread/post you want it, highlight that URL then click on the youtube icon at the top of your post ( under the "B" bold icon) and it will put the youtube on each end of the url. Some youtube links just won't take the youtube link. This help any?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVKAXWhplA

TimS

Post by TimS »

If you are logged into youtube, the url is different. Trim it and change prefix if necessary to resemble above.
Don’t ever yield your gift of dream; Your knack for gumption, too. For “It’s the crazy ones that have all the fun," if dreamers yearn to do.
fusername

Post by fusername »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJA3J--g_yI
^ that is more or less how a working youtube link should work. the part that says "?vHJAKNLSF" is the bit that links to the video you want, sometiems there will be a = at the end of that lump of letters followed by maybe =ref or =adsf or some other junk, delete it up to that point so it looks like above, and you are good.
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
Getrdone

Post by Getrdone »

Hey everyone, just got a new phone and the new photobucket ap is not what the old used to be. What are people using now? Still photobucket? Or am I a dinosaur?
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

i am waiting for Tapatalk to work again.... i haven't tried photobucket with my phone and i am not sure where my digital camera is, haven't used it since the trip to Utah/Arizona.

photobucket should work, heck maybe there is an app for it.
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Tapatalk is working on my phone and ipad
bikesndbugs

Post by bikesndbugs »

Any of you fancy website runners have any info on why tapatalk photos dont show up on computers?
Travis
I spend way to much time on this site
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

bikesndbugs wrote:Any of you fancy website runners have any info on why tapatalk photos dont show up on computers?
The links you posted that I have seen all run together with no gaps, needs a space between them end [/img] and beginning of next [img] (or url) starting the next link.
You can still drag select and open the highlighted URL, but simply adding a space between the links should fix it and make the pics show up or at least be clickable.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Maybe this has already been covered but we used to be able to post here directly off our computers but that does not seem to be an option for me now. Since I it seems that I cannot access Photobucket anymore to post and don't have Tap-a-talk is there any other options than going onto another storage site like Photobucket?

Lee
bikesndbugs

Post by bikesndbugs »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote:Maybe this has already been covered but we used to be able to post here directly off our computers but that does not seem to be an option for me now. Since I it seems that I cannot access Photobucket anymore to post and don't have Tap-a-talk is there any other options than going onto another storage site like Photobucket?

Lee
tapatalk is just like using photobucket just another hosting site but it doubles at forum poster.
I use a school computer and they blocked Photobucket so i started using thesambas photo hosting and embedding them from there still have to comply by size limits but it works and the its on another vw site so share the knowledge.
Travis
I spend way to much time on this site
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Lee, when posting a new post hit the attachment link, select the pic (insure proper size before this step). once selected then hit upload and place it in your post. Still able to post pics. When posting using a off site picture it isn't a part of STF and if you move or delete it in its place it will disappear here, if uploaded here then it stays with STF. Only downside is that it does eat up space, small but still there.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Ah, I finally see it... duh!

As a test this is a bowl I am working on . It should be coming out of being bisked today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Nice bowl ya made Lee, hey I'm going to be in Yuma next week, you anywhere close? Still on my quest to meet as many STF'rs as I can.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Casa Grande AZ. Palm Creek Golf and RV Resort. Site 983.