ShopTalkForums Need Your Help

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
AdminSteve
Site Admin

Re: ShopTalkForums Need Your Help

Post by AdminSteve »

its a labor of love 8)
Steve Arndt

Post by Steve Arndt »

It would be nice if you could make a little line or pic below the user name that showed contributors. Then we can easily see who the free loaders are.
Hedrock

Post by Hedrock »

Steve Arndt wrote:It would be nice if you could make a little line or pic below the user name that showed contributors. Then we can easily see who the free loaders are.
Yes it would
Collecting parts again... No I'm not going to say why!
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Hard to do, but the software does have a rank system which might be employed. Question is do we really want to do it? Right now we have a small contribution surplus. We have to pay bills every month and have a kitty available if we had to employ pro help, but contributions have been supporting the site for some time. Thanks to the generous among us. I have never wanted to make the site contribution mandatory. Never seemed like the right direction. I will look into the rank system, though.

doc
jweir

Post by jweir »

Thanks for the forum! I dunno what I'd do without the help of the members here. I can't believe it's been 11 yrs (9 since I first found this forum). Contribution proudly given.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Another donation sent... Thanks, Doc!
"Your car sounds angry, and it wants to go fast all the time..."
(quote from my daughter, after driving my car)

It's not complicated, it's just expensive...
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Thanks to all! Our bank account has been growing.

doc
fusername

Post by fusername »

this is a great resource, and well worth any donation paid. when i think how much $$ and headaches this place has saved me even as a starving college student I find it pretty easy to chip in. also i don't remember if I said this before, but when giving away free parts (who needs 7 trailing arms anyways?) i ask that a donation could be made to the STF in leiu of payment to moi. keep the good will rolling! oh and doc, the specialty forum feature still works great!
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
anzan

Post by anzan »

Here's a little something for the kitty jar. This is an invaluable forum!
BajaBug222

Post by BajaBug222 »

Donation sent
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Sure do appreciate everybody. It hasn't been an easy few years for many of us. But many of you still manage to find a few bucks to support STF. Thanks!! :D

Every dollar goes to the site. Nobody gets paid. I turn down advertising offers regularly (not that they would pay anything). We're not very flashy, but the info is second to none.

STF is in it's 11th year!

doc
supaninja

Post by supaninja »

This is my favoritest VW site and it is the smallest one that I frequent so I am honored to be able to help by donating a couple of bucks, may there be another 11 years and beyond!
'65 notch w/ a squirted type 4
http://supaninjanick.wordpress.com/
'68 "Zombie Response Vehicle" Westy
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=140387
Kix

Post by Kix »

Bump
Denver

Try to do some good in the world, it will do a world of good in you.

Darnit! I've cut this piece four times now and it's still too short.

Family man, Woodworker, Slow Smoking Barbecuer, Disc Golfer,
St. Pauli Girl Lager and Hornitos Reposado
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Lets help Doc keep the lights on. Paypal or
doc wrote:For those who don't do Paypal, you can still donate.

Send check, money order or comparable to:

Scott Johnston
1007 NE J Street
Bentonville, AR 72712

Make checks payable to ShopTalkForums.

You can send cash, but I always think it's a little risky. But if it gets here, I'll bet the bank will accept it.

All donations are appreciated and will be used to make STF better for all members. We're currently, half way to our initial goal of $1000. This will fund the forums conversion to the latest software which gives much greater functionality and security.

If you have questions, please pm me. Thanks!
doc wrote:Thanks for suggestions.

Pile, storing pics elsewhere and linking (like old days) is a no load situation for STF. Storing pics on STF server has taken our storage into the many gigabyte zone. We pay for that space.

STF has very few mods installed - on purpose. Since i am not able to do this on my own, we either have to pay or I have to go begging to someone who can help. I've burned out more than one generous guy over the years. Some imply that making changes and keeping constantly updated is not a big deal. If you are an expert, this may be true, but for the rest of us, not so much.

So, enough whine from me. I'll see what i can do.

doc
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Like the title says. Let's step it up guys.