NQ JQKE

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Hedrock

Re: NQ JQKE

Post by Hedrock »

Ya big sissy!
Collecting parts again... No I'm not going to say why!
david58

Post by david58 »

I made a mount for my GPS using part of the suction cup adapter.

Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Where are you putting it?
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

i think he is going to clamp it to his wrist...
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
david58

Post by david58 »

I didn't get a good pic of the GPS, but I did take some pics. I got the spring plate notched and put back on the car. I am going to let the bearing go for now. Since there is no grease leaking it must be the inner bearing. It is no worse than it was before last weekend. I moved the mirrors up higher also got the flag put on.

Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
nilza

Post by nilza »

you know david, for a full body baja it sure does make for a mighty fine looking rail.
How are those huge front tyres with the 914 rack and pinion?
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Nice looking rail you have there David. Drive it and enjoy it...
david58

Post by david58 »

nilza wrote:you know david, for a full body baja it sure does make for a mighty fine looking rail.
How are those huge front tyres with the 914 rack and pinion?
Not sure I had excessive toe out on the rear and had to re-slot the holes on the LR so I could set it. Haven't been off the pavement since putting it back together yesterday evening. Fixing to go to PIG'S EYE MUD BOG and watch the $ wheelers tare up their junk. :mrgreen: I am driving my rail / bug but will not be getting in the mud.
Leatherneck wrote:Nice looking rail you have there David. Drive it and enjoy it...
It's growing on me I like it more every time I drive it. Just need to re-think how the windshield isn't streamline as it is slowing the car down in 4th. It was faster with the body on.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

"... Just need to re-think how the windshield isn't streamline as it is slowing the car down in 4th. It was faster with the body on."

Now that is interesting to read. David, just for the heck of it tape several pieces of cotton on it, top, bottom, sides and in the middle if your windshield; I might even be tempted to put a couple of cotton pieces on the rear hoop and the rear cage over the engine just to see what is happening. Then go for a ride having someone take some video. That would be extremely interesting to see vide of.

Lee
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

cut off 4" to 6" of the top and cut the bottom foot or two off... just have it cover the a-pillar and not whats above it or below it.
david58

Post by david58 »

bajaherbie wrote:cut off 4" to 6" of the top and cut the bottom foot or two off... just have it cover the a-pillar and not whats above it or below it.
NO.
bajaherbie

Post by bajaherbie »

YES
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

David a rail isn't streamlined even as much as a Bug, all the tubes and attachments are all creating individual drag which all adds up. Switch your tires back to the smaller ones which will also help.
david58

Post by david58 »

Leatherneck wrote:David a rail isn't streamlined even as much as a Bug, all the tubes and attachments are all creating individual drag which all adds up. Switch your tires back to the smaller ones which will also help.
I drove it with the smaller tires it was still slower with the body off, so that would only be a band aid. There are two things that will make it faster, One would really cost some money.
Lew

Post by Lew »

David, how bout adding a piece of sheet metal, and trimming down the windshield. :)
SANY0652.jpg
Click on the picture to enlarge. I like this idea! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.