NQ JQKE

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Lotrat

Re: NQ JQKE

Post by Lotrat »

Enough fun and games. Where's the baja David? Ratrod shmatrod. We need updates here in the ORF.
Lew

Post by Lew »

The Studebaker Cone caps were OK, however what I liked most about the Studebaker, was the Bullet Nose Propeller on the front Grill. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lotrat

Post by Lotrat »

On May 27th, 2011 david58 wrote:I have very little change in the noise, the noise isn't a issue with the bug body off. I have more way more wind coming in now from below the windshield, because there is a 4 inch by 30 inch gap between the firewall and where the nose meets the windshield. I am out of material. It took changing the tires to really notice a change in 4th gear. The 35's are just too much for a stock 1600 even with redux although first, second, and third work great. I just wish the front tires were taller by a couple inches, and maybe a little narrower also. There is a huge difference in the 33's and 35's when you see them side by side. Same way with the 33's and 30 9.50's
Wait a minute. You just told me you sold this a year and a half ago. You were still working on it 9 months ago. :?
You need to either finish this baja or lock this thread. I'm sorry, but that's the way it's gotta be.
david58

Post by david58 »

Lotrat wrote:
On May 27th, 2011 david58 wrote:I have very little change in the noise, the noise isn't a issue with the bug body off. I have more way more wind coming in now from below the windshield, because there is a 4 inch by 30 inch gap between the firewall and where the nose meets the windshield. I am out of material. It took changing the tires to really notice a change in 4th gear. The 35's are just too much for a stock 1600 even with redux although first, second, and third work great. I just wish the front tires were taller by a couple inches, and maybe a little narrower also. There is a huge difference in the 33's and 35's when you see them side by side. Same way with the 33's and 30 9.50's
Wait a minute. You just told me you sold this a year and a half ago. You were still working on it 9 months ago. :?
You need to either finish this baja or lock this thread. I'm sorry, but that's the way it's gotta be.
I am busted LMAO. My Baja is in the front yard I gave the battery in it to a friend in need. I closed my shop and moved back to the house, it took a month and a half to move everything. I made 1 trip to the salvage yard with scrap and got 200 bucks and split it with the guy I gave the battery to. Times are tough. But things are going better than they were when I had the shop. I am fixing to buy a plasma cutter this morning with bill money just can't pass on a great deal. I need to get a air compressor going, I do have a gas one but it is just too loud to use in the neighbor hood. Still organizing stuff don't know if I will ever get thru. :D
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Lotrat

Post by Lotrat »

Oh what a wicked web you weave David58. I don't know what to believe anymore.
david58

Post by david58 »

Here is my New Plasma Cutter sitting on my welder. The pics that follow are of my tool room. I had to close in an area to do that so I lost a lot of work space and as you can see I still have a lot of stuff to get organized.

OK now let's see what is under the carport. :D

Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Big Dave

Post by Big Dave »

Good to see you still have it ;) How does it run & drive?
I don't always show my signature. But when I do, it's in this area.
Lew

Post by Lew »

This is the first I heard you moved.....How much do you want for the Bar B Que Grill? Also you didn't answer my PM about coming by to watch you Chop the Top. Will there be a admission charge? :)
david58

Post by david58 »

Big Dave wrote:Good to see you still have it ;) How does it run & drive?
No problems just needs a battery ................tag and insurance to be legal.
Lotrat

Post by Lotrat »

That's too much stuff in an unsecured car port for my tastes. Now I have to worry about it all. Is that kid that kept breaking into your shop still around? You need a pitbull or something out there.
david58

Post by david58 »

Lotrat wrote:That's too much stuff in an unsecured car port for my tastes. Now I have to worry about it all. Is that kid that kept breaking into your shop still around? You need a pitbull or something out there.
It will be OK calm down all the high dollar stuff is under lock and key. Besides I didn't have a choice only place I could put it all. I am taking a break for a couple days and trying to get my second wind back I am burned out. I need to get in the tool room and do some major sorting and get things organized more. And I need to put up a fence around the front of the carport and tie it into my neighbors fence with 2 big gates in front of the carport. Only so much time in the day and so little money to do anything with. I maybe spent 50 bucks closing in the tool room, I had most of everything I needed, and I have some great neighbors too. The kid is in jail as far as I know. I don't need a dog I got a fishing pole. I asked if I would get arrested if I had to use it and the officer just laughed. And said I don't think anyone has ever been arrested for beating someone's ass with a fishing pole. It is good for keeping cats and dogs off your property too all you got to do is swish it in the air and they haul ass.
winifredevw

Post by winifredevw »

david58 wrote:I don't need a dog I got a fishing pole. I asked if I would get arrested if I had to use it and the officer just laughed. And said I don't think anyone has ever been arrested for beating someone's ass with a fishing pole. It is good for keeping cats and dogs off your property too all you got to do is swish it in the air and they haul ass.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back in the early 90's my Mom's neighborhood had problems with black bears marauding the garbage cans and generally being a nuisance at night. My Mom was terrified when she saw a bear on her back porch the first time. But after a few nights she un-locked the back door and ran the bear off with a broom. Just imagine my Mom, all of 4'10" and maybe 100lbs, driving away a 150-300lb bear with a broom!
Lotrat

Post by Lotrat »

Great now I have to worry about your fishing poles...

Savannah, GA. (AP) — A man driving a lawn mower in the road has been charged with DUI. Police said 30-year-old Jimmy Graham Jr. smelled like alcohol and failed a sobriety test Monday after an officer spotted him on the lawn mower. He told the officer he had consumed a beer and taken a stress reliever prescribed to him.
A jailer said Graham was in custody Tuesday and there was no record of him having a lawyer.
The local paper reported that Graham was also charged with aggravated burglary and theft under $500.
A police report shows Graham told the officer he had stopped by a house to pick up some fishing poles. Police said the man who lives at the house where Graham had stopped on the mower told police the fishing poles were stolen from his garage.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

I didn't see the bead blaster, where is it? Good grief you have a lot of STUFF!
david58

Post by david58 »

Leatherneck wrote:I didn't see the bead blaster, where is it? Good grief you have a lot of STUFF!
I have 2 of them you want the cabinet one or the portable one? See the cabinet one on the shelf above the 63 bug under the carport. :D