===FAQ's, Stickies and ORF info Start here!===

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Leatherneck

===FAQ's, Stickies and ORF info Start here!===

Post by Leatherneck »

***** New info and FAQ's ******

Added some new info, look through it click on what you want to find out about and if you have something you would like added including your ride thread let me know.

Below is the place to start. This forum is the best Off-Road forum on the net and it is that way because of the people who have the knowledge and help out with the posts. Welcome to the STF Off-Road forum. kick back, have a good time if you have a question post it, if you can help out please do so. Thanks!

Click on the FAQ in black you want to find info about.

Click on the (Green) title/link below to find the information you are after

This is by no means finished hopefully never will be, I need your input so please PM me with your input and suggestions.

Click on the FAQ in Green you want to find info about"**" indicates latest update.

Shop Safety

Getting started in the STF Off-Road Forum.

The Off-Roader of the month bunch

STF ORF Baja and buggy build threads

OFF-ROAD Runs and Trips

Making it Street legal **

PERSONAL SAFETY EQUIPMENT

WHAT TO WEAR

TOOLS OR WHAT WORKS

SOURCES FOR Off-road PARTS

EXTERIOR LIGHTS

METAL AND MATERIAL USED

VEHICLE SAFETY EQUIPMENT

Electrical

TIRES AND WHEELS

Cage,Tubing and body lifts

FRONT SUSPENSION

BRAKES- FRONT TO REAR

BODY AND PANELS

INTERIOR

GAUGES

NAVIGATION **

ENGINE

Transmissions

AXLES,CV’s and U-JOINTS **

SHOCKS

REAR SUSPENSION

Conversions

Vehicle Types

Cool Tools and more

The extras
Last edited by Leatherneck on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:20 am, edited 61 times in total.
Leatherneck

Profiles and Posting pictures

Post by Leatherneck »

PROFILE SETTINGS

setting up your profile, it is not the only way just a suggestion. See if yours looks like this if not might consider it.

POSTING PICTURES Pic posting
POSTING PICTURES in the STF forums this is what I suggest in doing so.

First off I like using Photobucket at www.photobucket.com

The first step is uploading your picture, if you have more then one then click on the "add more images"
Find where the picture is in your computer, I have a folder in the computer set aside for just pictures to upload. Click on that add more if needed.
Once you have the picture uploaded got to the picture you want left click on the Image

Once you have the picture uploaded go to the picture you want left click on the Image

Be sure to post each pic on a new line. If it already has IMG before and after the pic don’t highlight the url and click IMG in the post

I usually select the preview before posting that way I can make sure the pictures are working and my spelling is not to bad.

These are only suggestions there are different ways, it is also going to take you playing around with it and getting comfortable. Also another idea is having photobucket and STF open in different browsers that way you can switch back and forth instead of opening and closing your browser.

If you find any problems with what I have written of I missed something, let me know and I will repair it.

So post those pictures.
Last edited by Leatherneck on Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leatherneck

Re: ===FAQ's, Stickies and OF info Start here!===

Post by Leatherneck »

Just a reminder to check in here once in awhile, some great ideas and threads in here.Just scroll up to the top and click on a link. Thanks for making this the best off-road forum on the net.

Added How to tell for sure if you need to clean your air filter

Anybody have something worthy of being added, yes, no, maybe? Let one of the mods know if you do
Big Dave

Re: ===FAQ's, Stickies and OF info Start here!===

Post by Big Dave »

New topic added
Collection of Videos on Different Fabrication Techniques

Fasteners***

Let me know if there are others I need to add.
Last edited by Big Dave on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: links added
I don't always show my signature. But when I do, it's in this area.