Video Store open for business.

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
Chris181

Re: Video Store open for business.

Post by Chris181 »

vidéo of a nice trip in south France => http://vwandco.wifeo.com/article-41779- ... 2011-.html
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Cool video, nice trails some good looking buggies you guys have.
Jeff550

Post by Jeff550 »

Its just $$$ right?
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

That sounded like a nice landing. Got anymore?
Jeff550

Post by Jeff550 »

I dont have any other jump vids but It jumps very well and flat :( Im still waiting for pics of a dune "launch" I did at sand mountain. The crowd said I was about 15ft high and I counted 73 normal walking steps far. I paid dearly for it but it was awesome. :lol:
Its just $$$ right?
Tom in PA

Post by Tom in PA »

If anyone is bored, I've added the the last races from Rolling Ranch to my youtube page. We're running at Smithton hole 7/23 if anyone is interested, South of Pittsburgh PA. Running at Line mtn next weekend and big als (wheel to wheel) July 30, 31. Both of those are an hr north of Harrisburgh PA.

First Race, managed to lead pole to pole :D

Second race, started last due to inverting the field, finished second. I was more than happy with my day.

I'd encourage anyone in the area to come out and play or just spectate. It's always a great time!!!

Tom
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

You have got to get a in-car camera. Looks like a blast..
Tom in PA

Post by Tom in PA »

I've got in car from the old car but the camera won't work in the new car. It works right up until I rev the engine, then it shuts down. I'm fairly certain the rf interference from the ign sysem is kicking it off. I want to get a go pro or something similar for it but buying parts to keep the car moving keeps getting in the way :( If someone wants to donate one, I'll get you lots of video :D Some day.... I'd love to get a contour plus or a contour gps but I've heard they're having some video issues. The ability to overlay a gps image on the video would be cool!

Tom

PS if you find yourself on the right coast, come on out and see for yourself. It is a blast!
Jeff550

Post by Jeff550 »

Its just $$$ right?
fusername

Post by fusername »

tom, one of these days I will make it out and down there, esp if I have a tow vehicle!
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
Tom in PA

Post by Tom in PA »

Hit me up if I can be of any help.

Tom
fusername

Post by fusername »

when does the spring season start? I will ahve more time, and hopefully money, then. I really want to get into this stuff. I'm up in boston, how far north do your events get?
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.

Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
Tom in PA

Post by Tom in PA »

There is Southwick in Connecticut. www.cc4w.org
I've never raced there because they race on sundays and it's a fairly long ride home after the race to work on Monday.
A lot of the guys from New York liked racing there.
I'm told it's a bit of a tight track, passing is a bit difficult. It certainly looks like fun though.

They were doing some races in NJ but didn't do any this year.

Rolling ranch would be a hike for you http://www.nooraoffroadracing.com. It's north of Pittsburgh but it's currently probably the most active track for Superbuggies short of traveling out to Indiana to the Maora series, http://www.maoraracing.us Rolling Ranch is a fast track, nice people.

Big Als is about an hour north of Harrisburg here in PA. It's a small flat track, no jumps. It's a lot of fun though. Most people come friday and camp for the weekend. Most times they have a party Sat night, many times the track owner will have his band come and play. They run 2 races Sat, 2 Sunday. They have a kids race after the regular races on Sat.

If you look at my post http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic ... 8&t=136155 you'll see this year's schedule. Most of the time racing starts in May.

Tom
david58

Post by david58 »

Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.