Favorite spots...where do YOU off-road?

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
rickosuave1987

Post by rickosuave1987 »

I went down to San Felipe a couple years ago with my truck and my quad. A great scenic trip but it was HOT! Riding the quads on the beach and a small portion of an old Baja 1000 course was pretty fun.
Baja
HookIt

GK Electric & Suave Racing - Looking for sponsors!!
SuaveRacing FaceBook
Thank you to SuaveRacing Sponsors for your support!
jbmolly

Post by jbmolly »

I don't really know but I live really close to Barstow, CA so I will probably frequent Stoddard Wells and Rasor RD. A bunch of the guys are going to Rasor RD this weekend and I am looking forward to it.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

WOW! I am glad to see this getting used, thanks for the posts.
oktr6r

Keystone Dam White Water Park, near Tulsa, Oklahoma

Post by oktr6r »

A decent mix of sand, trails, hills, and mud. Haven't seen any other VW's out there, but a lot of 4x4's, motorcycles, and ATV's.

Looking for other places close to Tulsa to hit some trails.
david58

Post by david58 »

hello this thread needs updating and pics too. :lol:
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Turbo_Manx_Maniac

Post by Turbo_Manx_Maniac »

Don't tell Copper, but I'm gonna do some wheeling in his front yard one of these weekends...

I go to Ocotillo (Not Ocotillo Wells aka the dust bowl), and Borrego 95% of the time. Fun ride is down San Felipe Wash from Borrego to Ocotillo. Have actually been told by BLM there is a 15 mph speed limit on these washes, and I would get a ticket if caught again. Serves me right for even stopping.

There is some fun wheeling at Lake Moreno, and Inkopa (Huge quartz vein).
I accidentally Googled my Twitter. (And I liked it)
CopperBaja

Post by CopperBaja »

Turbo_Manx_Maniac wrote:Don't tell Copper, but I'm gonna do some wheeling in his front yard one of these weekends...

I go to Ocotillo (Not Ocotillo Wells aka the dust bowl), and Borrego 95% of the time. Fun ride is down San Felipe Wash from Borrego to Ocotillo. Have actually been told by BLM there is a 15 mph speed limit on these washes, and I would get a ticket if caught again. Serves me right for even stopping.

There is some fun wheeling at Lake Moreno, and Inkopa (Huge quartz vein).
Now would be a good time...the grass is about dead....still haven't reconnected the sprinklers since I started the fence. :oops:

I was wondering about Lake Morena...been there on a bike.
As far as the baja...let's see....been to Rasor Rd. Drove it for a few hours before losing a balljoint. Night run in Anza-Borrego park and a short drive the next morning in Ocotillo Wells before burning up my clutch. Don't know what I'll break next time, but at least I'll be trailering from now on. :D

I want to go to everywhere! 8) I think the next run will be the trails of Ramona! :twisted:
96 Pathfinder 4x4 - Family Offroader - 6" "Lift" (2" coil lift + 4" Sub-Frame Drop)
david58

Post by david58 »

david58 wrote:hello this thread needs updating and pics too. :lol:
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
turboblue

Post by turboblue »

Our club property:

Doing a bit of grade work at the shelter house:

At Haspin Acres:

Gary

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy
2013 Polaris Ranger 4x4
My Website
Shop Facebook Page
airdreams1

Post by airdreams1 »

All the local buggies off road into their lawn to wash them. LOL
Scabbyfab

Post by Scabbyfab »

I don't mean to bore anyone but my favorite place on the planet is Glamis. I couldn't leave it unmetioned. This vid is not of my car but it shows what I like to do most out there and that's run the flatter sections as fast as I can. What fun!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ramvssmZHiI
[/img]Image