Is this correct for a Karamann Ghia rear seat?

Need help installing a stereo or other interior item? Come on in!
wine country ghia

Is this correct for a Karamann Ghia rear seat?

Post by wine country ghia »

Hello all,

I'm starting the reapolstry process on my ghia vert. I am starting with the rear bench seat and seat back. After stripping the rear seat back down to the frame I am a little confused. I know on bug rear bench seats the seat frames are metal for the bottom and for the back rest but what about the Karmann Ghia? My rear seat bench back rest frame is all wood? Is this correct or was it a home job done by somebody?. I don't want to put my nice new apolstery on something that is inncorrect if anyone knows please reply thanks!

-Eric
brettlt

Post by brettlt »

Wood is the main ingredient. I redid the bottom of my seat, it is all wood except for a metal half circle in the middle.
I did not redo the back part, just recovered what was there. I think it is all just wood.
wine country ghia

Post by wine country ghia »

Thanks for the reply so now I have two votes that the frames are wood so must be. Funny I would have thought they would have used metal frames like they did for the bug much more durable!. Thanks for the info!

-Eric
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

They are wood; and who sits in the back seat long enough to wear out the frame before the rest of the car?
Yeah some may call it overkill, but you can't have too much overkill.