Seat belt replacement (I need MORE YELLOW!)

Need help installing a stereo or other interior item? Come on in!
KarenTheBug

Seat belt replacement (I need MORE YELLOW!)

Post by KarenTheBug »

To steal a line from someone on here, some would say all this yellow is over kill - but you can never have too much overkill.

On a joyride this past Thanksgiving day, the retractor on the driver's side three point belt in Karen-Starshine (my 1971 standard) finally went out. It would not release the belt for love or money. I took the passenger side belt off, fully intending to swap them, but when I saw I'd have to remove the bracket & fool with it I just threw the passenger belt in the "parts that fell off" bin in back and basically broke the retractor on my belt so that I could at least put it back on. Bolted back to the body, I drove home that way so I wouldn't get a ticket for not wearing a belt, but it's not safe to drive on - retractor won't lock at all now.

I want to replace both belts with a very sexy three-point nonretractable belt I found on JBugs ... nice Wolfsburg crest on the latch and everything:

The only problem is the belts only come in black, beige, red, and gray. My Bug is a screaming retina-searing yellow, and I plan to take that exterior color to the inside (painting my horn button and gear shift knob to match when the weather warms up & I can put a good rattle can job down without wrinkles). I want a yellow belt. Anybody ever seen seat belts like this with yellow webbing and know where I can purchase?

If not I'll probably go with black since she's 100% black interior except for those yellow points I plan to add.
Since 1938, it's what the People want.
1971 Type 1 model 1300 Sedan
1972 Type 1 model 1302 Sedan
cutter8174

Re: Seat belt replacement (I need MORE YELLOW!)

Post by cutter8174 »

Have you looked at MidAmerica They have several colored types.

http://www.mamotorworks.com
KarenTheBug

Re: Seat belt replacement (I need MORE YELLOW!)

Post by KarenTheBug »

Thanks for the tip. Three point nonretractable not available in yellow :-( They've got a three point retractable in yellow but says out of stock. Will have to see if that's temporary.

In the meantime I'll probably just adapt the passenger belt to the driver's side.
Since 1938, it's what the People want.
1971 Type 1 model 1300 Sedan
1972 Type 1 model 1302 Sedan