Scat seats?

Need help installing a stereo or other interior item? Come on in!
rally bug

Scat seats?

Post by rally bug »

Anybody out there have a set of scat seats in there car? If so how do they feel? How is the quality? I am looking at the pro car seats and the price looks good but I have never heard anything on the quality.
Marc

Re: Scat seats?

Post by Marc »

I've had a pair of ProCar 90s in one of my cars for years now, haven't had any issues with cushion collapse or upholstery/seam splits. Quite comfortable, although more of a stock-replacement than a performance seat (no side bolsters). Their thickness makes them sit too high when mounted to the Scat adapter brackets (the brackets were obviously designed for thinner "racier" seats. With a stock-diameter steering wheel I have to adjust the seat all the way back to keep it off my thighs, which wouldn't be an option for someone with shorter legs - makes the shifter a pretty long reach too (I modified my `69 shift rod so I could use an earlier "bent" shifter).
My son just completed removing an inch from the driver's side bracket, something I should've done in the first place. That's enough to gain leg clearance with the 90s...he would've taken even more out but wanted to retain the ability to use thinner seats (we have several sets of Recaros and Scats).