where to get t3 hinge for rear window hatch ?

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
paka

where to get t3 hinge for rear window hatch ?

Post by paka »

Aloha guys , am super stocked to find this forum . Ive bein building datsun's but always wanted a VW. Now i got a type 3 1969 square and am fired up . It hasnt fired up for sometime now , but soon hope to get it to breath fire . Anyways heres 2 ??s i hope you guys can help with
1) my rear hatch on rear door lid hinge broke , are these available anywhere ?
2) Thornchild has bein helping over at airkooled kings , and im hoping to swap out auto to manual . Ive read many past post and am thinking if my 69 doent have the clucth chanel that a hydraulic clutch may be the way to go . Whats everyones ideas and opinions ?
Much Mahalo's ,
paka
Bobnotch

Post by Bobnotch »

The hatch hinge would be a junk yard item or you could try the DDB at http://www.theddb.com/ they are located in Portland, and Martin is a great guy to deal with.
The clutch tube might be in your car as some 69 type3 auto's had it too. I'm not much of one for using the hydraulic set up in case it breaks down. I mean, where do you get the parts to fix it? With the cable set up, most any VW shop would have one in stock. All that is really required is a piece of tubing for the cable to ride in. I know somewhere on these forums is a length and diameter for one, but right off hand I couldn't tell you where. I think Bryan over in the SE forum has done this before on his brothers type3. His name on the forums is SingleSquared. He from Charlotte NC, and you can also get in touch with him thru www.mvwe.org I hope this helps.
paka

thanks Bobnotch

Post by paka »

I need to check under car. Found a prob on starter \ solenoid that stoped my car from starting , a whole nother forum topic soon to be . Prev owners said it couldnt get started but i had her turning over today . Thanks again Bobnotch!!!! :D
Air-Cooled Head

Post by Air-Cooled Head »

paka

i need a hinge b4 the cover

Post by paka »

thanks though , i didnt know they made hinge covers :shock:

Post by Guest »

Hey -

:roll: http://vwinnovations.com/
sells fiberglass ones. I also have an old school one piece (with light hole in the center) that I was considering selling...

Peace - Wilson
2.0 Square