Downsides of restoring a Type 3?

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
Bobnotch

Post by Bobnotch »

Welcome, I tried your site, but kept coming up with not available, or site unknown.
PIMPPRIDE

Post by PIMPPRIDE »

raygreenwood wrote:late model gas tank filler boot : If it takes off...and dealers contact me.....
send me a sample when they are done ill take 10 of them...

Anthony
raygreenwood

Post by raygreenwood »

Pimpride...no problem. Question: at one time I have also seen these boots with one of two things, either a snap around the filler neck fold up bib...that keeps the gas nozzle off the paintwork and lays flat under the metal flap...or one that is cast onto the lower edge of the filler boot (kinda like the Ghia)...would that interest anyone as well? Ray
Bobnotch

Post by Bobnotch »

Ray, I think you're thinking about a Ghia. They offer that flap seperately too, as I've seen it advertised before, but I can't remember where though. When you get them going and up to your spec, I'll take at least 2, maybe 3 as I'm looking at getting another (like I need it) type3. You might want to post this offering to the vwtype3.org list and see how many others might be interested in them. Thanks for doing it though, and offering them to us. Let us know when we can order them.
PIMPPRIDE

Post by PIMPPRIDE »

for the type 3 you most likely seen an accessory gas cap pouch... this slips over the intake spout and is used to hold the gas cap when you remove it to fill the tank & keeps you from forgetting it at the pump... i guess you could have a flap cover like the ghias but its not necessary...

Anthony

Post by Guest »

Ray, I up for one, maybe even a few. There are a few T3's in the family ..
biggege

Post by biggege »

here the good site for the site http://www.fastback-type3.fr.st
:oops:
Bobnotch

Post by Bobnotch »

The link worked this time. :) Looks good, takes me back a few years when I had my Notch up on saw horses to work on the bottom of the rockers. :shock: Looks like you're going to go completely thru that car too. Its amazing how much rust likes to hide in places you can't actually see isn't it? You seem to have gotten lucky finding another rear apron section for it though. looks like it will be a very nice car when its finally completed. Good luck with your project and keep us updated with your progress. It will stand out at those Euro shows when parked near all those bugs too. Keep up the good work.

hello

Post by Guest »

Hello all, I'm Iorga Sebastian, and i'm from Romania, and i'have, a 1970 VW Notchback, 1600cc, type3, black.