how much for 65 square braking system

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
Thorkhild

Post by Thorkhild »

How much should i sell for all four drum brakes from a 65 squareback? It includes the backing plates, shoes, wheel cylinders, all the hardware, ebrake cables, and of course the 5x205 drums. I looked ispwest and they want 50 bucks for a front drum. all the drums are in great shape except one of the rears has some small grooves, but should be be able to be turned and still be in spec.

------------------
Thorkhild
Darkside Apprentice
1968 VW Blue Fastback
My Car Page
rustyfastback

Post by rustyfastback »

I picked up 2 front spindles complete with drums & backing plates w/wheel cylinders at the local salvage yard for $70 for the pair. These came from a '65 squareback. Not sure about the rears probably $100-$150 (for the set) as they are in higher demand.
Bobnotch

Post by Bobnotch »

I agree, the rears are diffintetly worth more due to higher demand for them. The off road people are really looking for type3 drums(german OE ones)as they last longer in that abuse. I also have a set of front drums that are in spec (these still measure what the spec is for new, not turned), and talked to Everett, about what I should try to get for them. We both agreed that shipping would be expensive. I found out that the super beetle would be a good use for the fronts as they're almost the same size as the T-3 front. You might try P-mailing Everett and find out what you should post them on the Samba for, and that might give you an idea what to ask for them. I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S