Sunvisors, particulary TMI's

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
SquareD

Sunvisors, particulary TMI\'s

Post by SquareD »

The visors on my 1970 Squareback measure 16", and the shaft is about the same length.

On another note, kinda related, I recovered the front seats in my SB last year and had problems with the foam from TMI. It was 1" narrower and 1" longer than my original set. TMI uses the same foam for both the bug and the T3, but I think the seats are not the same. Anyway, I had bought the stuff from J-Bugs, and Gary found a different set of foam that fit my seats.
Bobnotch

Post by Bobnotch »

Dave, see my post on www.vwtype3.org as I answered it there. I forgot to mention there that the sunvisor clips for the early cars are NOT the same as the 68 and later cars. This lttle change is why they dont fit. All type3s used the same length sunvisor, so as long as you didn't get bug visors what you have should work. I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch
flat4fantasy

Post by flat4fantasy »

I recently bought some TMI T3 sunvisors and clips.

However with a prelimnary install, it appears the sunvisor will not be long enough to make it to the clip, by like 4-5 Inches!

I doubled check the TMI part# and it is that of a T3 MY 61-74 or something. But they are just too short? The bug ones are shorter too right? Only thing I can think of maybe wrong part was put in?

And ideas? All Euro/US Spec. models still had the same sunvisors right?

I thought maybe the sunvisor pulls away from the mount or something, but nothing.
Can someone measure their's and email me or post #'s?

Thanks.
Dave