stock carbs ?

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
wcb

stock carbs ?

Post by wcb »

hello, I just acquired a 67 squareback. The po installed a single progressive w/ the hole in deck lid etc. I would like to switch back to original duals if I can find them but I was wondering, since I want to build a new motor soon 1641?, would that be a wise investment? How well did those carbs work (and what are they called) thankyou everyone.
[email protected]

stock carbs ?

Post by [email protected] »

stock dual carbs work good, but are hard to find in good used condition. If building a bigger motor, I would buy some weber 40 idf's or similar size dellorto's. I wouldnt reccomend a 1641 in a type 3, they overheat easily.
wcb

stock carbs ?

Post by wcb »

actually I have a pair of 40 IDF's but was under the impression that intakes were a clearance problem, also I don't know the size, but I read Berg's spiel and was thinking 88mm X stock stroke
[email protected]

stock carbs ?

Post by [email protected] »

yes, 69x88 machine in pistons = 1679cc. a great type 3 engine, especially if you feed it with those 40idf's. The short intakes are available from ISP west, with the short filters. I just saw them on ebay a couple days ago, one of the guys at ISP West has 48idf's under the decklid on his 2332 with no mods. I have also personally used them on my 69 square, so I am absolutely sure they will fit under the decklid. Peace -Erik
Bobnotch

stock carbs ?

Post by Bobnotch »

I think CB Performance also sells the short(for a type3) intakes. They get 69.99 a pair for them. I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S