Should I keep it or sell it?

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
Jimbo70

Post by Jimbo70 »

I'm advertising our '68 Fastback for sale, but I have half a mind to keep it and do something cool with it.

More pics are at www.jamesaltemus.com

Anyway, if I keep it, I'm thinking of going the resto-custom route, but with enough motor to give them import kids a run for their money. I'll have a TON of questions if I decide to go that route. I don't want to do anything that couldn't be easily reversed, in case we decide to put the car back to stock at a later date, but for now I figure its way solid and would make a good sleeper.

------------------
James Altemus
Webmaster
WASSERWERKS

[This message has been edited by Jimbo70 (edited 11-30-2002).]
2LSquare

Post by 2LSquare »

nice fasty... minus the slightly tweaked door Image

if I were you... Id keep it as is (paint and all) but stick a mild T4 engine in it... Image

This is route I wish I would have gone with my squareback...
Jimbo70

Post by Jimbo70 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2LSquare:
nice fasty... minus the slightly tweaked door Image

if I were you... Id keep it as is (paint and all) but stick a mild T4 engine in it... Image

This is route I wish I would have gone with my squareback...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, with the exception of the door and the rear panel being dinged, the car is straight and solid. In fact this...

and this...

Is the only rust on the entire car. Fenders, heater boxes, battery tray...heck, the entire pan, all rock solid. Just put a cover on it for the Winter. I just hope sitting on a driveway over the Winter doesn't kill it.

------------------
James Altemus
Webmaster
WASSERWERKS

Bobnotch

Post by Bobnotch »

Jim, if you feel you really should sell it then sell it, otherwise don't. I got rid of my 70 Square(cleanest T-3 I ever owned) and it took 2 1/2 years to find another one to replace it that wasn't quite as clean. After the first one was gone I realised that I missed it and I wanted another one as I really liked it. I don't worry about the rice rockets around here as the 5.0s take care of them, and I know my car will still be around 10+years later when their jap crap is rusted out and recycled into something useful--like a microwave oven or a computer housing or something like that.

Bob 65 Notch S
37 years old and still going
weno

Post by weno »

you should keep it. don't regret selling a goldmine cause i did. i just sold my 67' fastback on thesamba just so i could keep my 66' fastback. but now come to think of it, 2 cars are better than 1. keep one stock and the other car could be a sleeper. i have way too much rice rockets revving me up at the stoplight.