Bumper fitment

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
LUMPY

Bumper fitment

Post by LUMPY »

Hey all,
In my quest to find bumpers I came across someone selling new bumpers! He said they will only fit '67 on down. Hmm...I thought '69 down were the same,besides the tube behind the 68-69 bumpers.Is there something else?
Thanks,
Joe
Bobnotch

Bumper fitment

Post by Bobnotch »

Yeah, the number of holes for the back up lights. 68 and 69 got 2, I think 67 and earlier got only one and some got none.
Bob 65 Notch S
LUMPY

Bumper fitment

Post by LUMPY »

Hey Bob,
Thats it? SO it will bolt up.... ? I'm not too concerned with looks (one hole 2 holes)Hehe..when you have no bumpers and the law requires them,well..I think I can live with something minor like that Image
Thanks,
Joe
http://photos.yahoo.com/icdtech
Bobnotch

Bumper fitment

Post by Bobnotch »

Yeah they'll fit if you're not a perfectionist/ purist. They just might be different than whats supposed to be there. My 65 notch has a 69 rear bumper on it, but then my old one was very rusted out (thru in places), and I wanted something that was clean and rust free. Good luck and enjoy.
Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
LUMPY

Bumper fitment

Post by LUMPY »

Cool,Thanks Bob!
Bobnotch

Bumper fitment

Post by Bobnotch »

Now if you were after late model (70 to 73), they won't fit as they changed the mounting bracket to 3 holes each, except the late notch used the old 2 bolt rear bracket style mount. But if you're looking to replace them on a 68 or 69 then they will fit no problem. I hope this helps.
Bob 65 Notch S