Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
BerT3

VW Airbag suspension article

Post by BerT3 »

Hello,

Check his site at: http://www.maxhydraulics.com

Or mail him at:
[email protected]

He also anwers at the US easystreet board: http://members.boardhost.com/easystreet/

Or at the UK board http://www.lowriderforums.com/ikonboard ... nboard.cgi

Very gentle person!
Love doing business with him.

BTW he gets his products in the US. I thought CCE-brand.

Van der Jeught Bert,
BELGIUM
BerT3

Post by BerT3 »

Hello,

Philippe,

Photo of the two mountingholes of the Z-bar:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/bert_van_der ... .src=ph%26. view=t

Figured out they are on the wrong side of the shocktower to be used.

Van der Jeught Bert,
BELGIUM
Philippe

Post by Philippe »

I don't think i have those mounts, but I have IRS.

I did finish the bracket for the other side, check it out...

Philippe

Post by Philippe »

oh and by the way, the latest total vw has a feature on a black 59 bug with airbags. Nice. Nice owner too...
koruptiondblg

Post by koruptiondblg »

Hey Philippe,

Where could I get an issue of Total VW magazine?

Daniel
Philippe

Post by Philippe »

Dan-

I bought it at barnes and noble. I also heard that tower records carries volksworld if you're interested in that magazine too.
67type3

Post by 67type3 »

philippe:

what compressor tank system are you going to use?
Philippe

Post by Philippe »

Firestone dual air command. $367 and free shipping. Only has a half gallon storage tank though, I'm going to upgrade that to something larger.
67type3

Post by 67type3 »

the larger the tank, more air it holds, and the faster the car lifts. also, the size of the air hose place a big role in speed. preferred size is 1/4", but 3/8" and 1/2" are for very fast setups with electric big bore valves. this later setup also will cost atleast $1500.

a standard 5-gal tank will give about 5-6 shots until the compressor kicks in. the larger the compressor, the fast er the tank fills up and the more fun you have.

there are alot of setups. look aroun. the the $15 refill are for the co2 and nitrogen tanks. it is also very dangerous. there are alot of variables to be delt with.
67type3

Post by 67type3 »

philipe:

a 1/2gal tank will barely give a single shot, and be very slow. you should consider atleast a 5-gal tank. try thid site. have alot of stuff.
http://www.truckn-store.com/product_list.asp?id=405
nicanor

Post by nicanor »

I'm kind of new to airbags and I want to bag my Oval soon. The thing that confuses me the most is the air tank. I hear so many different things. How many lifts/compressions can the tank handle. And once empty how do you refill it? Heard you can just hook up a home air compressor to fill it or cost $15 per fillup for someone to refill it? What's the deal??
67type3

Post by 67type3 »

i'll be placing an order for the #2198. 15 more for a 5-gal tank. i already bought a homedepot tank and i must tell you that it will not work with these type of kits. it only has one port for refills and release. how will it work?
Philippe

Post by Philippe »

yeah, 5 gallons is the plan. Home depot. the kit I bought has 1/4" OD lines, which will be fine, I'm not trying to pull lowrider moves, I just want to park it and slam it at shows and parking lots. I do have a plan however, for a cheap three wheel motion modification, but we'll see if it works.
Philippe

Post by Philippe »

the #2198 is a good setup, it has the 5 gal tank and a continuous duty compressor but the price difference is $80. Oh and I found out today that you need to buy your own T fittings to split the lines going to the bags as well as the fittings that thread into the bags. It was a bitch finding that stuff locally for cheap.

The home depot tank will work, it has one big ass port that has a fitting with multiple 1/4" NPT outlets- one is supposed to be for a hose and the other a gauge. So I will use one outlet for the compressor and one for the control panel.

I finished my rear setup, but I haven't lowered the car way down yet because I have to dupe all of the school of engineering into believing that it is an "adjustable load capacity" device. I'm basically going to load a bunch of my classmates into it at stock height so it will sag and then air it up.

So I'm finally done with the rear, and it was rad when I fired it up and everything worked without a hitch. It doesn't raise super fast or anything but it will work just fine. The half gallon tank sucks- I can only get the rear to like 60 psi with one filling. When I get the bigger tank this won't be a problem.
But anyway, now that I can show it off at senior project day tomorrow, I can work on it at my leisure, instead of pulling full days at the shop like today.
67type3

Post by 67type3 »

philipe:
what is the lift speed in seconds. interested to know if the time difference will be less with my gabriel airshocks.

right now, i am so confused on what type of setup to get: #2198 fireston, AIM electric valves, or the cheap $ co2. man, i am really lost.