VW Airbag suspension article

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
Philippe

Post by Philippe »

It's all installed and stuff, but I haven't finished the front yet, so I haven't lowered it all the way around. I don't think it will be super fast, but its hard to say until the car is lowered and I get a bigger tank. I'll let you knwo as soon as I find out.
67type3

Post by 67type3 »

philippe: how is the firestone kit working out? after looking at the installation sheet, i just can't fiqure out how the guage control releases the pressure? is it vented in your car? and most importantly, does it make that cool whooooshhhh sound????

still waiting for my stuff. are you planning to goto the pomona vw show on june 2nd?
BerT3

Post by BerT3 »

Hello,

That's why you need 2 valves for 1 path.
One to pump(let pressurized air in), one to dump(release air). Preferably exhaust bigger than the inlet.
Air is vented out of the car to make sure the compressor doesn't suck it in (depends on where you mounted the valves).
It makes some sound.

Van der Jeught Bert,
BELGIUM
Philippe

Post by Philippe »

yooo...

Yeah the gauge panel has the valves in it, and it vents the pressure out into your car. Big ass WHOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sound.

I don't think I'll be going to pomona. I wanted to go to the VW Classic but we'll see, I'm still in summer classes to finish my degree.

Just got back from the Sacramento show today, some nice type 3's out there, among other rad stuff. The swap area was HUGE! I didn't see any cars on airbags, but I caught up with Mark from Road Relics, he didn't bring his metallic blue panel but he said he's in the process of bagging a 23 window...
67type3

Post by 67type3 »

bert:

that is truew for an electrical valve. philippe is using a pneumatic valve where the airlines goes into the gauge and then into the airbags. it's a nice and simple setup, but slow.

thanks for the info bert.
IAS

Post by IAS »

Hey guys, I am new around here, I have posted in the offroad section about a baja I am building, but this airbag subject caught my attention. I am in the baggin' biz. you can visit my site at www.innovativeairsuspension.com I am a dealer for AirRide Technologies, and AirLift Company. I haven't bagged a VW yet... talked to a couple guys about it at the sac bug o rama today though. I am not to here to pimp my business, but if any of you have trouble finding parts or need some info on bag setups, or valves, line, etc. Drop me an email at [email protected]

Larry.