rebuild top end help!!!!!!!!!!

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
slider in wa

Post by slider in wa »

Please help! Rebuilt the top end of 1600. Converting single port to dual port(changed out the center top cylinder studs for shorter ones)
Used new pistons/cylinders, with rebuilt flycut heads.Used shims under cylinders.Everything is new. manifiolds (made sure all vaccum ports had new plugs were required)runners,rubber boots are new. Rebuilt a 34pict3 carb. New plugs points, condenser, etc. PROBLEM is right bank fires and runs left bank does not. I have 100 psi on all four cylinders. I have fire to all four new plugs. I only get fuel to the right bank!!!!!! I don`t get it. Tore the whole thing down again to check it. No problems found. Installed new gaskets.re toqured head. Checked for locating pins on the head,and found none.
Inspected for cracks and found none. reasembled it again, and had the same results. no fuel to left side. fuel pump shoots fuel across the shop. You guys please help!!. I have run out of things to check!! Thanks in advance!!
Slider in Wa.
ray greenwood

Post by ray greenwood »

Couple of questions...I am assuming that you actually have twin carbs. Probably 32 pdsit 2 and 3=left and right. Wrong? right? If so, and one bank is not firing, it probably either has a sticking floast valve...or float adjusted too low to get fuel....or they are so far out of synch, that one is flowing negligibly. If you have twin carbs...isthe balance pipe attached? Ray
Slide i n Wa

Post by Slide i n Wa »

So guys posted to wrong place. Single carb upright motor.No mice,rags . Valve lash is correct.Plugs are dry on left side. If i put fuel in the vaccum tube on the left runner, it will fire untell that fuel is burnt up.Please advise.
Slider in Wa.
rich2481

Post by rich2481 »

are you looking at the plugs is that how you think no fuel to that side??? have you poured gas down carb??

if all of the cylinders measured 110 psi, then there is compression, did you recheck the valve gaps?? watch the valves as teh dizzy turns??

do you have plugs wires ( firing order) correct?
are you sure the intake manifold doesnt have a rag stuffed in it?
good luck
Griznant

Post by Griznant »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rich2481:
<B>are you sure the intake manifold doesnt have a rag stuffed in it?
good luck</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or a dead mouse?

BTW, how are you running a single 34Pict-3 on a Type 3?

Later,

G