dash cover

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
Jeff Upton

dash cover

Post by Jeff Upton »

Thanks for the rsponses to my previous post! I am getting more into my '68 Squareback by the moment! I spent the day putting in the rear panels and generally cleaning up the interior. The car came with a new dash pad (repro), but I am not too happy with the fit! This is a later model dash pad by what I can tell, and the mounting holes for the top are about an inch away from the dash pad! On the later models is there a "filler panel" that can work on my '68? Or should I look for a better fitting one? Thanks Jeff
Ralph

dash cover

Post by Ralph »

My 1970 fastback had a dash that was cracked when I bought it. So I ordered one from J.C. Whitney.. One of those soft foam ones.. well. of course it also does not fit correctly, the guages are too close and they dont fit inside right.. figures... If you find another place/catalog that sells them let me know. [email protected]
-----------------------------------
The car came with a new dash pad (repro), but I am not too happy with the fit! This is a later model dash pad by what I can tell, and the mounting holes for the top are about an inch away from the dash pad! On the later models is there a "filler panel" that can work on my '68? Or should I look for a better fitting one? Thanks Jeff[/B][/QUOTE]