Fuel filler hose?

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
Max Welton

Fuel filler hose?

Post by Max Welton »

I need one for my 68. I am no longer able to get this original to seal and it leaks.

What are the options oh type-3 cognoscenti?

Max
Marc

Re: Fuel filler hose?

Post by Marc »

I can't attest to the quality, but reproductions are available: http://www.airheadparts.com/vintage-vw- ... 11201219-a

Half of the Type IIIs I've ever worked on have needed this too: http://www.airheadparts.com/vintage-vw- ... 11201179-a
aircooledtechguy

Post by aircooledtechguy »

You should be able to get bulk fuel filler hose at any NAPA. That's where I get mine.
Max Welton

Post by Max Welton »

Thing is Nate, I'm learning that the 68 is unique in that the pipe on the tank is oval-shaped. Not sure the generic would work.

Max
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

I was able to "try it before I buy it" at my FLAPS, Gates multi-fuel compatible magic stuff, fit perfect w/o the inner liner.
(liners were totally dry rotted, the OG hose was fine, but I needed it fixed RFN)
Cost $20 with a pair of new IDEAL hose clamps, but probably outlast me...
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Max Welton wrote:Thing is Nate, I'm learning that the 68 is unique in that the pipe on the tank is oval-shaped. Not sure the generic would work.

Max
Ohhhhh....you may be right. Early `68 Type I also had a weird tank with an oval inlet, and that hose went obsolete ages ago. Typically they needed the tank replaced before the hose, though....any reason why you can't just put in a later tank?
Max Welton

Post by Max Welton »

Ah. Good idea. I may even have a later tank.

Max
Max Welton

Post by Max Welton »

Since we're on a roll here, any thoughts on replacing the fender seal under the filler flap? Not finding it on the ISP or airhead sites.

Max