So I spent this morning with my cutting wheel, grinder and other implements of destruction getting the Porsche 912E (923) trans mocked-up on the IRS rear assembly. I went ahead and mocked everything up so that I could ensure it all fits and so far, it does.
- Porsche 912E trans using the stock mount w/ 914 CV output flanges.
- Porsche 914 rear brakes using modified T-3 hub flanges.
- Stock VW axles w/ Porsche 914 inner CVs.
- Trimmed and shaved upper bump-stops (to allow for wider tires).
Future mods include:
- Adjustable spring plates (in my possession)
- Urethane bushings (in my possession)
- 3/4" rear sway bar (still gotta get one)
- Koni rear shocks (in my possession)
- Much wider rear wheels and tires (7"wide wheels w/ 205 or 215 series tires
I'm still mulling over the possibility of slightly narrowing the rear-end track so I can stuff wider tires in the back w/o having to resort to custom wheels at www.stocktonwheel.com
. Everything fits so nice as it is, I almost hate to make a change,. . .ALMOST