Rocky Frankensquare build thread.

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
Jadewombat

Re: Rocky Frankensquare build thread.

Post by Jadewombat »

Finish it, or at least get it rolling. Doesn't have to be a show car or anything, but you've come this far. If you had a painful separation (which it sounds like) get rid of the memories of it being her car. This Saturday, paint the car black or put a skull on the hood, hire a witch doctor, have a bonfire, draw a ring of salt around the car, play loud music and when you all get to the bottom of the keg, you're done with it being someone else's car.

The following Monday, get back on your horse and start working on it again. Chip away at it. You'll get there.

One suggestion I have, if you're that low and worried about clearance why not do weld some stealth dummy wheel barrow wheels to the bulk head and torsion housing to keep from scraping?

Some inspiration:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.p ... st77645956
adjunog

Re: Rocky Frankensquare build thread.

Post by adjunog »

Lol. Today I was looking for some thread on lowering T3 with Air Ride. Behold an update on this thread. This was very convenient at the moment.
I am planning to do some work on my 69 fasty now that my brother gave me a an early b-day gift "air compressor" for suspension.
I cannot wait to get started.

JGM_72,
Do you mind posting some pics of the fender wells whenever you get to them?
Thank,
Adrian
jgm_72

Re: Rocky Frankensquare build thread

Post by jgm_72 »

Thank you jadewombat, i think i might try that!. so... i havnt made it to the shop in 2 months. the last month my kids have been back. it has also been 100+ deg out lately! as long as money allows rocky will progress. I have put a ton of time in that thing to walk away now. Im hoping to start going back to the shop very soon. The internet was in the exes name so that got shut off, now I have to use my phone. Hopfully Ill get the internet going. Im also planning on starting the build on the notch soon!