stupid question

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
1NotchUp

stupid question

Post by 1NotchUp »

What is the best way to unload/load a t-3 rear suspension spring plates while on a bench?

Any Ideas?

Pictures if a tool is made would be grand!

Thanks
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: stupid question

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

1NotchUp wrote:What is the best way to unload/load a t-3 rear suspension spring plates while on a bench?

Any Ideas?

Pictures if a tool is made would be grand!

Thanks
Not quite sure what you are talking about. Are you talking about setting preload? If so:

To get the preload set the car has to be sitting level front to back and side to side. The preload is the measured angle that the spring plate sits at with the torsion bar sitting at rest; e.g., unloaded.

This shows a preload of 26 degrees (off-road vehicle) before the spring plate is jacked into position.

This shows a modified tool for helping jack the spring plate up and onto the stop. I recommend adding the washers, adding the working nut and using the wing nut as a backup device. Also a drop or two of a lube would keep the threads from being galled. I would also add a clamp of some king to take away the chance of this tool sliding down the spring plate and letting the torsion bar unload; very dangerous if your hands or head are around it if it does decide to act up.

viewtopic.php?t=110857&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

This tells of how to do it if this is what you are talking about?

Lee
1NotchUp

Re: stupid question

Post by 1NotchUp »

Thank you .... I have ideas now!!! :lol: