broken Clutch cable-'69 Fasty

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
adjunog

broken Clutch cable-'69 Fasty

Post by adjunog »

Clutch cable snapped somewhere. I don't know where the cable trails nor where it comes out from the pan floor.

I was thinking about replacing it with a hydraulic pedal or a complete assembly.
I really would like to replace the brake and clutch only. Some assemblies only have 2 wheel braking and not all 4. What are some mods or add-ons that will make this possible?

Thanks.
kombi211

Post by kombi211 »

you have to remove the brake and clutch pedal assy to get to the broken cable(2) 17 mm bolts and your there.

As far as hydro clutch why go threw the head ache and the expense. the stock cable type is cheap and simple and easy to trouble shoot.

with the brakes you need all 4 wheels to brake or you can cause your car to go out of control. I think what your talking about is a turning brake. That used on sand rail and the such.

there is always roll control you can add to the car if your wanting to lock lets say the front brakes for drag starts and burn outs. just look threw summit or on the samba classified i seen used units there.

But i like i say keep it simple and you have less problems out of the car....
adjunog

Post by adjunog »

Are the brake and the clutch pedals separated from the accel pedal? There's a bolt behind the brake on the floor and there's two for the accel pedal on the side.

Thanks
kombi211

Post by kombi211 »

the are the 2 big bolts 17mm socket on the tunnel right behind the accel pedal