Eddie Browns 67 squareback

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
Class 11 streeter

Eddie Browns 67 squareback

Post by Class 11 streeter »

Hey all

Work is keeping Eddie from posting on STF too much these days, so I wanted to share pics of his daily 67 Square:

The white bug on the trailer is my newest family member, a stockish 69. After I picked up the bug in Bakersfield I went to Eddie's shop for a visit.

In conversation Eddie said he doesn't know how he got along without his type 3 for so long! Nice ride, cargo room, gets looks, supports his business Daniels Vee Dub in Bakersfield, Ca......it's a total package! Now I want one! :( :wink:

In the background are customers cars. The red bug just had a single Dell 48 turbo motor fitted, and it's in the process of being tuned.
Last edited by Class 11 streeter on Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

I've always wanted one! Eddie's just makes me want one more. What's not to like? Hauls freight - cruises great - !! 8)

doc
Eddie Brown

Post by Eddie Brown »

Hey guys!. Thanks for the kind words about me, the car, and an unintended plug to my business.

Monte,

1st of all, I thank you for your friendship. It really picks me up. Being the Jarhead that you are, you never cease to show loyalty, and support for a friend. I know Monte wouldn't mention to anyone about the good deeds he does...but today I'm typing this on a laptop that he brought for me on Saturday to help me boost my business. I plan on selling products now on thesamba to get my name out there. Monte is one of the most caring people I know, period. I got your back too Monte. BTW, I can't wait to hang out this coming Pomona weekend!.

Doc,

as I've done in the past, I thank you again for providing such a great forum for all of us enthusiasts in the VW scene. Doc, get yourself a T3 at some point. It's awesome. Heck, I have another 67 in storage. I hope that one gets a T4 powerplant.

I better get to work. Besides, I don't want to use my 10 free hours of NetZero on this single post. (Monte, I'm getting DSL on Wednesdays through SBC)

Eddie.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Just keep coming around, Eddie. We like ya'!! :D

doc
Class 11 streeter

8)
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
aircooledtechguy

Re: Eddie Browns 67 squareback

Post by aircooledtechguy »

Class 11 streeter wrote: In conversation Eddie said he doesn't know how he got along without his type 3 for so long! Nice ride, cargo room, gets looks, supports his business Daniels Vee Dub in Bakersfield, Ca......it's a total package! Now I want one! :( :wink:
I share the EXACT same feelings about my own '67 square. It's the perfect shop car for my shop too. Tons of room for transporting parts, comfortable inside with plenty of room for big guys like me (6'3") and just so darned stylish even one looking like mine gets looks.

I just swung a deal for a complete 2.0L Porsche 914 motor (w/ fresh 3 stud heads) for mine out of a clients 914 that he converted to S*bie power, so mine should be running much differently in the next few months. :twisted:

Type-3's ROCK!!!
Class 11 streeter

Hey Nate, mind posting some thoughts and pics of your square on the 4um? I have a stickey there on type 3 conversions! :wink:
MNAirHead

Post by MNAirHead »

I'm iontereested what you do for air boxes.