it's a disease - so I am back -

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
flybayb

it's a disease - so I am back -

Post by flybayb »

HowdyHo guys, did you miss me? :D

after restoring and selling my beloved Vanagon (1981) I thought I was done with with bugs, beetles and air cooled critters -

But oh baby, was I mistaken - THERE IS NO CURE - I guess I just got lonely in my garage and needed another girlfriend - well here she is

a 1971 squareback (a.k.a. Variant), automatic and FI - all the good stuff and best of it: EVERYTHING is STOCK!!

Stored in a garage for 5 years I brought her back to live. She had ORIGINAL title (yes, an old Lady was her FIRST and ONLY owner), I got the ORIGINAL dealer invoice (she had a price tag of $2,532 at that time) and - BLUE Cali tags -

Her VIN starts with 360 although the type is referred to as an 361 - interesting - she might have been an 'early' 71 square -

So, anyway - I dusted off my timing light, vacuum gauge, compression gauge, VM meter and snap-on wrench set -

D-tronic, L-tronic and K-tronic - You gotta love that stuff

William :D
Clatter

Post by Clatter »

heyman,
i remember you...

Welcome back!

Once a junkie, always a junkie! :D
Speedier than a Fasting Bullet!

Beginners' how-to Type 4 build thread ---> http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=145853
flybayb

Post by flybayb »

Clatter wrote:Once a junkie, always a junkie! :D
HA! It's all downhill from now on. I already moved my bed into the garage and the V6 Passat is parked onto the driveway. My therapist says I am showing mild signs of OCD with increasing tendency to ADD with the 'D' -

Driving to work I smell like 91 and jumper cables have become a fashion accessory around my neck.

I need help brother - join AVW? (anonymous VW)??

But wait - there is a meeting @ 06-07-08 here in Irvine, CA - bugorama.com. My woodstock for dubbies -

Boy am I glad to be back

W