Auto transmission Seals

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
66 deluxe

Auto transmission Seals

Post by 66 deluxe »

I am currently building a 1911 type 4 for my 72 notch i have everything for the conversion even the 411/412 intake boot and duct actually two of them, i am wanting to know a good source for the correct seals to replace in the auto transmission as Mr Greenwood reccomends this done every 70k or i will be banging my head against the wall if it fails. And exactly where are these seals are in the box, is it just the one behind the convertor or somewhere else on the trans, all help greatly appreciated.

Damo.
raygreenwood

Post by raygreenwood »

Its highly recommended to get the brown bentley manual for the type 3. There is a torque convertere seal, a gasket and o-ring and a shaft seal if memory serves. You will need to separate the differntial housing from the automatic section to replace all but the torque converter seal.

There is a place in Dallas that has almost all of the parts you need or can get them if they are available. Do asearch in the 411/412 forum. Someone did a whoel rebuild thread and got the parts from that place. My memory is failing at the moment. Ray
66 deluxe

Post by 66 deluxe »

Thanks Ray, i found this place in Vegas http://www.drivetrain.com/volkswagen_dt ... erhaulTips will contact them to see if they ship OS.

Damo.