dripping acceleration jet on twin Solex 32PDSIT setup

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
tijssie

dripping acceleration jet on twin Solex 32PDSIT setup

Post by tijssie »

Hi folks,

I was wondering if someone could help me out of the troubles I have with an acceleration jet that keeps dripping gas into my carb...
Could someone tell me if there is a possibility to get rid of this problem without buying a new carb :lol: ? Maybe there is a valve that normally should cut it off or something similar?
The car is a '68 razor edge Ghia with a flat 1600cc engine and it runs like hell, but it smells like hell, too, haha...Obviously the cause of this is my acceleration jet...

Thanks in advance!

Mattijs
david58

Post by david58 »

Exploded views of Carburetors
This thread has info on most carbs in it with specs and exploded views. :wink: What carbs are you running?
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
tijssie

Post by tijssie »

Hi David, thanks for your reply, I'm running the original setup, twin Solex 32PDSIT 2/3 carbs...The carb on the right keeps dripping, very annoying because when idling it smells like there's no tomorrow... :?
tijssie

Post by tijssie »

btw, took a look at your link, wow you got a heck of a lot of information on carbs, that's a sure thing!
busman78

Post by busman78 »

If the idle mixture is too lean or the throttle plate is not opened enough on that carb the intake pressure (vacuum) will be high enough to draw fuel from the nearest source, vent tube, run circuit or even the accerator circuit. Might as well check your linkage to the accerator pump arm, easiest test for that is to disconnect the accerator pump arm and run the engine at idle.

Do you have a Uni-Sync? This will verify that both throttle plates are opened the same amount.
wjoef

Re: dripping acceleration jet on twin Solex 32PDSIT setup

Post by wjoef »

This thread is the closest one I've found so far that actually discusses the twin Solex 32PDSIT type 3 carburetor setup.

david58 - nice job collecting all that carburetor information and organizing it.

I have aquired a pair of Solex H- 32/34PDSI - 3 carburetors and manifolds and have been searching (here and other places) for information without much sucess.

Can someone please point me to a thread that has any information about these carbs, good, bad, indifferent?

I was/am thinking of using them on a DP 1600 or 1776 engine for my '66 Ghia. Any information would be appreciated and sent/added to david58's thread.
Mine: 1966 Karmann Ghia Coupe - in pieces and slooooowly being put back together
Wife's: 1973 Standard Beetle, her daily driver

Karmann Ghia - a german alfa-romeo or an italian porsche?