Master Brake Question

Notches, fastbacks, squarebacks.
jmitch17

Master Brake Question

Post by jmitch17 »

I bought a new econo Brazil duel circuit master cylinder for my 68' Square from CIP . I know where all the brake lines attach and I know where the brake sensors go... my question is what does the threaded hole between the two reservoir feed line inlets hook up to? I have seen in pics that it look like there is a bolt in it. My new one does not have this piece... just an empty hole. My old master was not like this so I don't have a spare. Bentley called it a stop screw in a diagram but I found no info in the text. If I need to get one where would I? thanks Joel

Here is a link to the one I bought
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp ... D015%2DJBR
raygreenwood

Post by raygreenwood »

Uh-oh....you are correct. That cylinder is missing a smalll bolt that is used as astop to lock the piston down into one end of the bore one the forward circuit. Without that bolt.....the foward circuit will be out of the proper position to both properly draw fluid from the reservoir....or to have the proper fluid flow between the compensation ports and flap valves. You should be able to get that same bolt out of your old cylinder. You need to remove teh spring clip and pull out the outer cirucit piston. Then push teh inner circuit piston down past the bolt hole with something like a piece of wood...and then install the bolt with its copper sealing washer. If you don't push the piston down before installing the bolt....the bolt will dent teh piston and the whoel thing will be shot. Ray